Monday, September 17, 2012

Third Tea Cup Tuesday in September

And so the month of September is moving right along.
Before I show my tea cup set for this week I wanted to share a project I did while we were traveling last month.  This is a little wall hanging I found a pattern for in the Primitive Quilts Magazine.  It is in the primitive style and was a different type for me to do.  The middle is stitched using an over dyed floss to make it look a bit old fashioned.  And I used their method of quilting using big stitches and  pearl cotton floss. I used it because it is bigger than regular floss. It was fun to do.  I could easily do it while riding in the car but also just sitting around in the kitchens of our friends chatting in the evening.  I had to wait until I got home to bind the edges but the rest was done before we got home. 



So here is this weeks choice of tea cup and saucer.  I chose it because of the beautiful yellow rose.  I love that it has a pretty rose inside the cup as well.  Of course,  since it is Royal Albert you know it would be one of my favorites.    It is called Tea Rose and here are several views of it.


I hope you enjoyed  seeing this cup and saucer

After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage
AND, check back on Friday.  I am starting a new "series of posts" about making fabric flowers.  Don't know how many weeks it will go but have the first two already done and will be working on more soon.

5 comments:

Snap said...

Your Royal Albert cup is lovely. I adore yellow and roses and combine them --- perfect. Yellow is a grand color for the coming fall, too. Your little wall hanging is great! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You did a lovely job on the wall hanging, Beth.
I found that same teacup at the first of the Summer and I love it! Yellow roses are so pretty and perfect for this time of year. Thanks for joining me for tea and have a good week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Your quilted wall hanging is really lovely! And to think you could do all that while riding in a car and visiting! Amazing!
Tea Rose is a beautiful cup! Yellow roses are my favorite, and they are really lovely on your cup. Royal Albert makes such fine china!
I am looking forward to seeing your fabric flowers posts!
Hugs,
Terri

Spanish Princess said...

What a beautiful cup! I am here from Rose Chintz Cottage! Have a wonderful day!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I have a yellow teacup as well, and it's Royal Albert. I love their china! Your little quilt is so cute!
Ruth