Friday, October 12, 2012

Fabric Flower Friday #5




Welcome to another Fabric Flower Friday blog entry.  
Today's flowers were inspired by something I saw on the internet and then added to the idea on my own. 


I am going to show you the finished flowers first and then how I put them together.  I don't have a "home" for them yet, maybe next week.  Or maybe not.  You never know with me.  LOL
They are pretty simple to make.
The flower base is a piece of 3 by 20 inch fabric, folded in half, gathered up into a circle and tied off with the remaining gathering threads.   
Next I got out my die cut machine and cut some flower shapes out of felt using a couple of flower dies from Spellbinders and Tim Holtz.
Here is a picture of the first flower and its parts.....
   And the finished product with a button added to the center, holding it all together.

 
 And the second one..... showing its parts....
And the completed flower including the button to hold it together. 
And the final flower.............
and here is the finished project....
They are easy to make.  If you don't have a die cut machine you can probably just find some patterns of flowers on line and cut them out yourself.  I am thinkiing about adding them to a wall hanging that I still have to make. We shall see as time goes on.

If you have any questions you can email me.  Or any better ideas for what to do with them, add a comment.

Be sure to check in here on Tuesday for Tea Cup Tuesday.

No comments: