Monday, October 29, 2012

Final Tea Cup Tuesday of October 2012

For those of you checking on how I am doing, I thank you....  we fared just fine in the storm.  A lot of noisy wind all night.  Lots of branches down and a few trees down up in our woods.  We feel so lucky to have kept our power.  I am praying for all my friends that they are ok as well!  This was not a fun event and so many lost so much. Please keep those other folks in mind!



       This week I decided to do something a bit different.  And I am creating this page early.  It will post Monday afternoon because of Hurricane Sandy.
     I went out into my shop today (Saturday) and found a few tea party items I thought might go well together.  
    I like the idea that they are all have soft pink flower for their decoration.  Also they aren't my usual showing.  They are not bone china.  Instead today I have chosen some porcelain types, from Austria and Bavaria.  I hope you enjoy seeing them.
  
 The sugar and creamer and the interesting serving plate have no marks at all but I am pretty sure they are from the similar area of the place and cup and saucer in the back.


The plate is from Austria according to its mark but I wouldn't find a name of the pattern.  It is actually  from a set of dishes I have in my shop.


And here is the mark for the plate. 



 Here is a close up of the cup and saucer I chose.  It does have a pattern name, Rosedale and is from Bavaria.  It also is a part of a set of china I have in the shop.  Even though they aren't from the same set I think they go together nicely.
  
 And here is the mark.
  
 I hope you enjoyed my selections today.



After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage



8 comments:

Snap said...

I really like your selections for Tea Day. I like to mix and match -- especially rose patterns. Lovely! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
I am so happy you could join me for tea today! Your floral china pieces are so very pretty and they all look so charming together. I love mismatched as they all have so much character together. I am thinking of you and praying for your safety. Do take care, my friend and stay safe!

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
I have linked you up just in case the storm has prevented you from doing so.
Your post is lovely with such gorgeous china! The dainty pattern is lovely. The unique saucer is really stunning too.
Thank you for sharing : )
Keep safe and warm,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: As usual your china is lovely. I am praying that you are alright. Please take care of yourself and let us know as soon as you can that everything is ok. Blessings, Martha

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
I'm back to check on how you're doing. Hope you will post something so we know you're OK. Take care!

Blessings,
Sandi

KathyB. said...

Mixing % matching china and other dishes is so much fun, and I think it allows us to be even more creative and use what we have.Your setting looks perfectly put together .

I hope you fare well during & after the storm.

GardenofDaisies said...

I'm glad you came through the storm without too much damage.
I love tables that are set with mixed and matched china pieces. Having pink flowers is enough to unite them all into a cohesive look.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
So glad everything is fine with you! We will get some wind and rain today and tomorrow but nothing in comparison to what my American and Ontario friends got. Thank you for emailing me and posting this on your blog. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi