Monday, October 1, 2012

First Teacup Tuesday in October


 Fall is moving right along.  The trees are slowly beginning to turn and the nights are cooler.  I am enjoying the better days.  To bring the fall spirit into the house I made up this little centerpiece from a fancy alum bowl I found out in my antique shop and some other things I found around the house including the glass cloche.  This glass cloche was a top from a cheese board.  Never used it for that.  I did use it over a miniature scene once in the past.
This idea is not an original with me by any means.  I found the idea  on a favorite blog I read....  Very Merry Vintage Style....   click here to see her many neat ideas!
 This picture shows how I placed the fall looking items in the base.


 And this next picture shows it with the candle in a small white bowl.
That is how I would use it if I was burning the candle.  But when not burning I would leave out the bowl.



For Tea Cup Tuesday this week I found this Spode plate to use to get in the mood for fall.  And placed it next to some Chinese Lanterns from my garden. 


For the cup and saucer this week I selected this one from Royal Vale,  I couldn't find a pattern name anywhere.  But I like the colors for fall.









After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

AND, check back on Friday.  I have a series of posts" about making fabric flowers.  Don't know how many weeks it will go but this will be the third week and I  will be working on more soon.

11 comments:

Beth said...

Love your Spode plate and your teacups! I like the centerpiece you made too. It looks very autumnal.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
Your cloche makes a wonderful Autumnal centerpiece with the candle and floral sprigs. I do love those cloches! Cute teacup and the Spode plate is also. Thanks so much for joining me for tea today and have a beautiful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Lavender Cottage said...

Lovely autumn vignette and teacups.

Bernideen said...

Lovely pieces - I am familiar with the yellow ones too! Sweet blog!

Tea in Texas said...

Beth, The centerpiece is very pretty with the aluminum bowl as the base and glass cloche. I just always love anything Spode has designed and this pattern is great for fall. The yellow teacup and saucer is sweet and I hope you enjoy tea in it.

Thanks, Pam

Terri said...

Hi Beth,
Your fall centerpiece is lovely! It is so fun to pull together things from around your home! I love doing that too!
Your new Spode plate is gorgeous! As well as your Royal Vale vintage cup. It has the perfect color roses for a fall tea!
Hugs,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: I have never seen that Royal Vale, it is very pretty and perfect for this time of year. I also really love your center piece. Looks like you are ready for Autumn. Blessings, Martha

Linda M. said...

Hello Beth, Your fall cloche display is very pretty and I love the colors and flowers on the tea cup. Joyous Wishes, Linda

Stephanie said...

I just love your tea cup and saucer. I think it looks very much like Fall with it's colors. Lovely :)

Blessings to you,
Stephanie

GardenofDaisies said...

LOL, I have used the glass dome to my cheese board as a cloche too.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my goodness, your Spode plate and the teacups are lovely! I love your cloche for fall, it's perfect and so inviting, it caught my eye immediately! Pretty vignette. Thank you for your lovely visit. Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY