Monday, October 22, 2012

Fourth Tea Cup Tuesday of October





For this week, since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month I thought I would show something with pink as a dominant color.  As a Breast Cancer Survivor for 10 years now I think this is a VERY important month!  However, don't forget all the other cancer's that folks suffer with have "causes" that may not be well "supported."    Remember them and support them as well.... (Enough said... I will get off my little soapbox.)


This past week we were able to go to our favorite farmers market and while there my husband found and later surprised me with this beautiful cup, saucer and plate set.  It is from a company I have not heard much about.... Royal Chelsea. 

 

Royal Chelsea was produced by New Chelsea China Co Ltd Longton. Staffordshire Potteries from about 1943 to 1961. 

 
    I think they make stunningly beautiful china so I will certainly be on the lookout for MORE!!!









 When I checked out the marks on these pieces I learned that the cup and saucer were probably made prior to 1951.... and this is the mark on them.


The plate's mark was newer.  It was made sometime after 1951 however they still could have been bought together if the store still has come of the older stock, or perhaps they ordered the plate later on.
 
 I really liked this set and even though Royal Chelsea is a bit new to me I shall be on the lookout for MORE!


After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage




AND, check back on Friday.  I am working on about fabric flowers.  I found an interesting way to make them using a special tool. I am hoping to have enough finished petals... yes that is a small hint, to have something to show you!

7 comments:

Beth said...

Gorgeous teacup and saucer! I'm so glad you're a survivor, Beth!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
What a gorgeous teacup trio!I don't think I have ever seen that pattern before. Your hubby is a dear to surprise you with it! I am very glad you are a survivor! Thank you for coming to tea today and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a beautiful teacup and plate. How nice of your hubby to surprise you! So happy to hear you are doing well! Thank you for sharing this post about Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Nancy

Martha said...

What a pretty tea cup! I've not heard of Royal Chelsea either but at some time it was a favorite of the King -- for it has the royal warrant.

Tea in Texas said...

Gorgeous Royal Chelsea cup and saucer! Your husband was so thoughtful to surprise you with this gift. We had a Run for the Cure in Dallas this weekend at North Park mall and it was very succeessful. I'm glad you are cancer free and remembered others in your post.

Thanks, Pam

Terri said...

Oh that is a lovely surprise from your hubby! What a stunning tea cup trio he found for you. I am loving all the beautiful roses on a background of gold! Royal Chelsea makes some gorgeous china!
Hugs,
Terri

Ruthie Miller said...

Gorgeous teacup. Wow. I have never seen that one before. Takes my breath away.
Happy you are a strong survivor!
Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com