Monday, October 15, 2012

Third TeaCup Tuesday in October

Wow, October is moving right along.  It will be Halloween before we know it so here is a little something I made to get in the spirit.  It is a black cat from a pattern by a recent issue of Creat and Decorate Magazine.
But on to Tea Cup Tuesday. 



This week I am showing the second cup and saucer set I found at the Leesport Flea Market two weeks ago.   I saved it for last because it is from my favorite maker, Royal Albert.  I was so surprised and happy to find it for a reasonable price.
This is a Royal Albert pattern called Enchantment.  According to the Royal Albert Pattern website I learned the following information about the pattern. 
Enchantment
                                                                       1950 to 1980s
           Description: Turquoise border,  floral bouquet in the center, with gold trim.                                                                                 Cup Shape: Malvern

By the way, if you want to learn a LOT of information check out that website by clicking on the word "cup shape" above.  I don't know how complete it is but it must be pretty complete because there are a lot mentioned.


So here are some other pictures.
                  






And here is the mark.
After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

AND, check back on Friday.  I hope to have a post about fabric flowers.  But if not I will have a post about something I have made lately. 

6 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
Your Enchantment teacup is a real beauty! You can't pass up a Royal Albert. I love the colour and the shape of it. Thank you for joining me for my special tea party this week and I'm so happy you beat it!

Blessings,
Sandi

Anne Payne said...

Hi Beth,

You found such a sweet and delicate teacup! The colors are soft and feminine...perfect :)

~Anne

sandy said...

I LOVE your tea cup. The blue color is beautiful! Nice find!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Stunning teacup, I love it! The colors are so inique. I love teas, teacups and teapots. Thank you for your sweet and kind visit.
FABBY

Ruthie Miller said...

I love Enchantment. I love the very name, the color, the detail and the flowers. Wow, forgot about that pattern. Now, I will be on the lookout.
Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

GardenofDaisies said...

I love this pattern! I used to have one of these cups, but honestly don't know what happened to it. Royal Albert is my favorite too... they have so many beautiful patterns.