Monday, November 12, 2012

A November TeaCup for November!


I realized I should show my Royal Albert NOVEMBER cup and saucer while we are in November.
The flower for November is the Chrysanthemum and I thought they would use fall colors on their November tea cup but instead they chose the pink.   It is very pretty so I guess I can understand why they chose it.   It is not your normal fall themed cup and saucer.

I am showing it here on a pretty pink table cloth and accompanied by one of my favorite Fenton vases.

Of course, since it is the special cup for November it says so inside the rim.



I love the beautiful spray of Chrysanthemums on the side of the saucer and the bold picture on the front side of the cup.

 Here is the mark indicating it is from the flower of the month series.  I do have a few others of the months, mostly just the significant ones for our household.  November is my daughter's birthday month so it is important!




 One last picture before I sign off this week.  Continuing with the sage of Hurricane Sandy and all the trees that came down, here is an updated picture of the amount of wood my husband has cut up so far.  He is not even a third of the way done.  He will be no doubt cutting until Spring or Summer!  And then the splitting must be done for stove wood.  But it is underway.


 


Hope you enjoyed seeing this week's cup and saucer.
        
After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

12 comments:

Magnolia Cottage said...

What a beautiful RA teacup for November. Love the Chrysanthemum design. Your fenton vase is fabulous! Thanks for sharing.
Lisa

Beth said...

Hi Beth, Your teacup is really pretty. I'm sorry you lost so many trees in Sandy.

Snap said...

The Royal Albert cup for November is lovely. Sorry about the trees. At least you can use them. Happy Tea Day!

GardenofDaisies said...

That's a gorgeous November tea cup! I've been eying the one for my birthday month. It looks like that firewood is going to last you for a very long time.

Beth said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. Yes, we have enough wood to last a good long while. Probably do us out as my dh said. We just have a small woodstove up in my shop and it doesn't use all that much in a year.

Lavender Cottage said...

Such a pretty pink chrysanthemum on your teacup. I had a peek at your Etsy shop, good luck with it and hopefully I'll remember to check it often.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Your November cup is so pretty and I like the pink color. I have some fall flowers that are pink in my garden and I always look forward to seeing them. Thanks for sharing!
Nancy

sandy said...

Such a pretty pink RA cup! I'm going to have to check out your Etsy shop.
sandy ;)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
Well, being the pink lover that I am, I really like the pink chrysanthemums on your teacup! My son's birthday is also in November so I would have to find the cup with the other colour of flowers. He wouldn't appreciate the pink, I don't think. ;) Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.
I'm glad you can put all that wood to good use. It is a shame about the trees though! Have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Beautiful teacup and absolutely breaks my heart to see the wood cut...so so many trees, oh it is just awful.

But having it to keep you warm is a good thing out of it, I guess?

SO SAD.

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love the RA Flowers Of The Month series. I have a chrysanthemumu outside and it IS pink! I am sorry to hear about the trees... :(
Ruth

Ruthie Miller said...

Dear Beth,
I scolled down and fell in love with that Royal Chelsea cup, saucer and plate a few posts back. What a stand-out that one is!
Your Fenton vase is a perfect accompaniment to your teacup today.
Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com