Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Ticket to Venice

Wow, you say, "A Ticket to Venice."   I wonder if she is going there.  Well only via the web.  I have just joined another one of Mary Ann Moss' fabulous journal classes.
This time she is taking us all with her on a trip to Venice and we will be making a journal as she goes along.  Click on the link to find out about the class.

     
The class won't begin until the middle of December so in the mean time I will show you some of the projects I have completed from some of her other classes.   Today I will show you the first one.  On Sunday of next week, I will show you the second class and what I did with that one.
 The first class I took was called Remains of the Day.  In that journal you used papers you find such as mailing envelopes, fliers and or what ever.  And I used a lot of scrapbooking paper that was sitting around unused.  It was also done using the sewing machine instead of glue.  For someone who likes to sew that was fun although sewing on paper instead of fabric was an interesting change.  The journal I made is full to overflowing since I made a lot of signatures and also participated in a swap with class mates where I got a lot more!
Here are a couple of pictures.  I am pretty sure somewhere on my blog there are more detailed pictures.  Click on the search for travel journals maybe.


a close up of some of the signatures


  


The overflowing finished project
I will admit if you like journals that are neat, clean plain pages, this might not be for you.  But if like things overstuffed, filled to the gills then this is perfect.  AND fun!!!


AND because I was so inspired by making my own journals/books I even made a travel journal for my self for my trip to Maine and Canada this past summer. Click on the link below to see what I made.

                                               MY TRAVEL JOURNAL


If you decide you are even a bit interested you should check this out.  Google Remains of the Day and Full Tilt Boogie and you will find a lot of other folks love the classes too.
The great thing about these classes is that she supplies all sorts of videos, ideas, inspirations, and graphics to use.  You will be able to join a yahoo to group to be able to ask questions, see others work and just enjoy the class and students.  And you will finally use up some of those art supplies, papers and even fibers that are just sitting around awaiting the perfect project.

Hope to see you in class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unable to get the link to work.
Franstamper@aol.com

Beth said...

Sorry to those folks who try the link to Ticket to Venice. The link is now fixed. There was a space in it, where there should not have been.