Monday, November 26, 2012

Final tea time in November 2012

November is coming to a close.  Because we were in the Syracuse area for Thanksgiving we were able to go to the Syracuse Regional Market.  It is one of my favorite flea markets. It was a snowy day but it didn't stop the dealers and it didn't slow down the customers.
        I was a little surprised to find some veggies still available and still looking good.  Even some mushrooms this time.



And of course I had to visit the local coffee bar for a great cuppa.

  And this week I was very happy and lucky to be able to find not ONE but TWO nice cup and saucer sets.  I am going to show one this week and save the other for next week.

This particular cup and saucer didn't have a design name or number.  But it was from Regency Bone China Company.  The thing that impressed me the most was how it resembled Old Country Roses.  It would look fine at a tea party using  that china I imagine.

 And the pretty gold edges really dresses it up I think.

Before I discovered the Royal Chelsea of a few weeks ago I hadn't really thought about all the cup and saucers that were rimmed with beautiful gold.  But lately I seem to be finding them everywhere.
And this is a beautiful example!
Here is the mark, fairly plain with not much information included.

I hope you enjoyed the quick trip to the flea market and this weeks cup and saucer choice.

After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                          
                                                              Rose Chintz Cottage


                                                 http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Beth said...

Beth, That is a GORGEOUS cup and saucer! What a great find. Have a great week!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Your teacup today is just gorgeous! I love the brushed on gold trim! Such a pretty teacup and it does resemble the OCR pattern. Thanks for sharing and coming to tea. Enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Lavender Cottage said...

The teacup was a great find and the gold rim is pretty. I like the journal you made in your previous post.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful teacup1 I love the roses and gold trim!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I LOVE your teacup! Lovely! And it was so nice to see your market. I love the organic one near us. We are out of flea markets here...a very seasonal, non winter thing. Glad you enjoyed your and came home with such a treasure! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Terri said...

Lovely new cup! It does remind me of OCR too! I do love a gold trim on a cup.
I looked up the backstamp in my book and only found one example which was not quite like yours. If I find one I will let you know.
I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Love this cup! Roses always make tea taste so much better. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

The Teaist said...

Those veggies look amazing and your beautiful china *does* look like Rose Chintz, including the brushed gold edge. What a find!

Visiting from Tuesday Cuppa Tea :)

Snap said...

Wonderful find. I like the fluting on the cup and the saucer. You can't beat roses! Happy Tea Day!

sandy said...

What a beautiful find! Now that you mention it, I am ALSO seeing lots of gold rimmed cups! So pretty! And I love the looks of that food market!
Have a great week!
sandy :)

KathyB. said...

Your new teacups are so pretty, the gold rims really do add to the beauty of the cups & saucers.