Monday, November 5, 2012

Teacups in November

     November has arrived.  And it is time for Tea Cup Tuesday but I have some pictures to share first.
  
This week we are still recovering a bit from the storm of last week.  Although we suffered no wheres near the devastation as they did in the coastal area we got a lot of wind and lost a number of trees.
      Here are a some pictures to show some of the mess.  My husband will be working til spring cutting up all the wood I imagine..  There were at least 10 big trees down and numerous smaller ones.

The day after my husband started to cut up some of the wood the deer arrived to enjoy all the leaves that were now closer for them to nibble. You can see the first of the woodpile.  It is only from branches he has trimmed.  The big stuff awaits.

      This part weekend we ventured up to Syracuse, NY to visit with daughter and family.  While there we went to a grandson's cross country meet.  It was the first time we had ever seen him run in a meet.  He CAN RUN!!!
      The weather was strange the whole time.  It was raining then spitting snow then rain again.  Didn't every really see the sun.
      However, we did manage to get to the Syracuse Regional Market.  And it was another good time.  We bought some things for the shop and some things to eat.  There were still lots of veggies and fruit vendors there.
  Here was the selection at one table.....
And while there I was on the lookout for Tea Cups and saucers at usual.  Only one vendor had ANY!  Here is a picture of that group.
The majority of these were unmarked but probably Japanese, including the geisha ware cup and saucer and plate.  There were several demitasse sets as well.  But I was pleasantly surprised to see they had one Royal Chelsea.  As I said a couple of weeks ago, I had never seen one before the set my husband had bought for me.  And now I have seen two.  I don't think this one is as pretty as the one I have but had to photograph it to show you.  I am sorry one picture isn't too great.  But I was doing the photographing in a hurry and didn't realize the one wasn't very clear.  But I hope you get the idea.


Hope you enjoyed the cup and saucer and the quick trip to the market.  
        
After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

6 comments:

Lavender Cottage said...

Looks like a wonderful market you visited and it's nice to see so many teacups to choose from.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Sounds like you had a nice trip. The teacups are lovely.
I'm sorry you lost so many trees! We lost a lot of trees in 2003 when Juan came up the coast. That storm did a lot of damage and we were without power for three days. The Maritmes were hit especially hard that year. I really detest hurricanes! Someone always suffers.
Thank you for coming to tea and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth said...

That is a lovely teacup! Glad you found it. Glad you are okay but sorry for the loss of trees.

Antiques And Teacups said...

I'm glad the damage wasn't too horrendous. How nice to have deer visitors. I love the teacups you found!
Ruth

sandy said...

What a fun market with delicious looking produce! I think the teacup is lovely!
So sorry to hear about your trees. Looks like the deer are having a good time though.
sandy

Terri said...

I am so sorry you had damage from the storms. We too, lost trees this year, but to other storms. We lost a big Bradford Pear that was just gorgeous and a home to many cardinals. I was sad to see it felled by one storm!
Your new tea cup is very pretty! I love those delicate flowers. Great find!
Hugs,
Terri