Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful for TeaCup Tuesday



As we get close to our Thanksgiving I want to say a huge thank you to the ladies who serve as hostesses for the various Tea Cup Tuesday events on line.  I know I wouldn't be here without them.
And for my followers who join me each week to see what I have found to show, Thanks to you all! Your kind comments make it even better!  And to the participants of the other tea parties.  What inspiration and fun are to be found!  Love it all!

I went out into my antique shop and started looking for things to display that would look like Thanksgiving.  No turkeys to be found but here are a few things that will look nice on the table I think.  The book I have shown " Autumn Accents" is one my own.  It is by Thimbleberries, designer of many great quilting fabrics.

The cute chicken casserole from Japan could be used to hold gravy, or a small serving of some vegetables.
For dessert, pie would look great on these dishes.  I am going to show the mark but have no real idea what it says.  If you know please let me know in the comments.  It is obviously some sort of gold.  And the set is made in the USA.


Also made in the USA is the large gold creamer.  I didn't get a close up picture of it but if you look closely in the overall picture you can see it.


And finally, we must have a cup and saucer so I selected this one from Royal Vale pottery.  It has a lovely yellow flower and nice fall colors.



I want to wish all my USA tea cup followers a Happy Thanksgiving.  And to those from other countries that don't celebrate the day please know I am thankful for all of you.


                I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

                 These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

7 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
You have shared some wonderful things that would compliment a Thanksgiving table. I'm always happy to have you come to tea and to you and your family, a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna said...

Hi Beth,
that is a nice thought to thank the hostesses. They brought so many people together from all around the world. I am also thankful to participate in those nice parties. Your posting is so nice with the pretty tea cup. Just right for the season. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Best greetings, Johanna

Terri said...

Lovely post Beth! Your china is beautiful, I adore the vintage Royal Vale. It reminds me of my grandmother.
Thank you so much for joining in the tea cup fun, and for all your kind comments!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Terri

Antiques And Teacups said...

What pretty china...perfect choices for Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
Ruth

kitty said...

Hi Beth, what pretty things you've shared with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Snap said...

Beth, wonderful autumn themed decor for a Thanksgiving table. Love the little chicken! Beautiful Royal Vale teacup with just the right color flowers. Happy Tea Day and Happy Thanksgiving! Always nice to visit with you.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a very sweet post! I feel the same way about our tea party hosts. Thank you for sharing your lovely seasonal items and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Nancy