Sunday, December 2, 2012

An art Journal from FULL TILT BOOGIE

Here is the other art journal I made as a part of Mary Ann Moss's Full Tilt Boogie Class.
This was a bit different from the one I showed you last Sunday but not too different.  Just using up more "precious" supplies!  It is easy, I have found,  to hoard those supplies for the perfect project.  Thankfully Mary Ann Moss keeps coming up with more ways to entice me to use them.


This is an old ledger book I found at a flea market.  I covered the front and back cover, but left showing the upper and lower corners because I liked the look.


In this view you see the signatures. They are sew together as I did in the other journal.


For the many signatures I used up scrapbook paper and also some of the pages from this old ledger.  It makes it more interesting I think to have a mixture of papers to look at as you page through.





This book was used on a trip I took a couple of summers ago.  I broke it up into sections and included pictures, souvenirs, and commentary on the trip.  The ledger papers made good spaces for writing while the decorative papers were good backgrounds for the pictures.  One thing that I have learned about my self while doing this is that the more variety of pages the better I like it.

I am not going to show any of the layouts because most show friends who might not like to have themselves shown here.  But you can probably get an idea.  Or  better still, take one of Mary Ann Mosses classes.  They are inspiring and will encourage you to come up with your own style.

I probably won't have anything to show for this new class until sometime in January.

If you find yourself interested in these classes visit Mary Ann's blog to learn more and how to sign up.        http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/    There are links on her pages to each of her various classes.  And no she is not paying me to do this.  I just love her classes so much and want to share the info.




No comments: