Monday, December 17, 2012

Third Tea Cup Tuesday in December


 Christmas is approaching!  Hope you are all getting ready.  I seem to be perpetually behind.

But I did find a pretty tea cup and saucer to feature today.
It is by Royal Stafford, one I don't see too often.
 This one has a pretty flower inside.  Interestingly enough there isn't really any decoration on the outside of the tea cup.

I am showing it on my dining room table with the Christmas centerpiece.
Also you can see a pin cushion I recently made (from a pattern in the latest Create and Decorate magazine.)  I enjoy making things like this out of felt and using embroidery.
I also made the napkin. (actually I made 8 of them but am only showing the one.
 Here is the mark.  Evidently this company has been around a long time.

And to end this blog note today I am showing a picture of some of my primitive snowmen.  They do add to the festivities I think.  I have more too in other areas of the house.

Thanks for visiting today. And be sure to come back next week.  I know it is Christmas but I will try to put together a Christmas tea scene.  I have been taking pictures here and there of things I own.
Hope you will stop by.
And after you finish up your visit here be sure to check out the other tea parties in which I am taking part. 

 http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com 

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
                                                          
                                                              Rose Chintz Cottage

                                                 http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Snap said...

Lovely Royal Stafford teacup ... the interior is gorgeous. Happy Tea Day!

Ruthie Miller said...

Just beautiful! I love that cup and the color-so perfect for the season. That's the kind of cup you display on it's side as you have shown it.
Happy season! Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That is a very pretty teacup, Beth. I love red for this time of year. I like your cute little snowmen too. Thanks for coming to tea and enjoy the holidays.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

Lavender Cottage said...

The teacup is pretty, and the collection of snowmen adorable.

Terri said...

Oh I do love your new tea cup! This style often only has flowers inside the cup, but the artwork is so glorious, it doesn't matter the outside is plain. What great colors too!
Your needlework is lovely!
I hope you have a fine holiday season!
Hugs,
Terri

Tea in Texas said...

How fortunate to have a red and gold cup and saucer for the holidays. The decorations are for you to see from the top and this a beauty with the flowered center. You are cetainly are ready for the season with the 8 pretty Christmas napkins and pin cushion you created. Good Tidings of Christmas!

Pam