Monday, January 28, 2013

A Blue Teaparty

Invitation to a Blue Tea party


I was wandering around my antique shop the other day trying to find something special for this week's Tea Cup Tuesday when I came across this lovely tea cup and saucer by Standard China Company.  I especially liked it because of pretty little blue flowers handpainted on it.
                            From what I can learn while traveling around the internet ...........
 "Standard China" was one of the trademarks used on English china made by a pottery company called Chapmans Longton Ltd. This company was among the famous Staffordshire pottery companies, and based at Albert Works, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Longton was a center of pottery making from the mid-1700s.

 




I looked further and found this little book that just seems to need to be with it in a little teaparty setting.


And   looking further I found this very vintage postcard.




I imagined the whole setting, on a tray, just waiting for the tea to arrive so the owner could sit down, read the card, no doubt best wishes from a friend, and enjoy reading the little book while sipping the tea.



What do you think?

So join me for a cup of tea today and then visit the other tea parties that are taking place today.
 Here is the list of other tea parties in which I am taking part. 
 

                                                          
                                                              Rose Chintz Cottage





 

12 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

I think it's lovely! Love the art deco shape of the teacup and the hand painting. The book is marvelous! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Beth said...

The teacup is lovely, and I like the vintage postcard too. I'll bet you really enjoy your antique shop, and it comes in handy when Tuesday Cuppa Tea day comes around!

Lavender Cottage said...

I like the blue flowers on the teacup and find the shape of the handle interesting.

GardenofDaisies said...

I think these all look so perfectly lovely together. I am partial to blue anyway.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

How pretty, Beth! The soft blue is especially nice and the vintage card is very sweet. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea today.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Well done! I love the shape of the teacup -- so deco! For me, you can't beat blue! A very lovely tea tray. Happy Tea Day!

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
I think that you have beautifully created a vintage tea setting! Lovely! I adore your tea post!
Hugs,
Terri

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

I think your vision of this lovely blue tea vignette is beautiful.

Well done, ma'am!

sandy said...

Beautiful vignette! Love all the little blue flowers!
Have a wonderful week!
sandy :)

Veronica Roth said...

Goodness Beth, I love the cup, the postcard, the whole setting. Beautifully done. :) Stoke on Trent is miles away from Oxford, (where I live for part of the year), but so many lovely porcelain bits come from there that I really have to make an effort to visit one of these days.

Ruthie Miller said...

What do I think? I think you found the sweetest teacup and the charming compliments to it. Love those each of those blue papers you found and all together? Perfection.
Have the best day, Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Wow! What a lovely find and wonderful information on this find - the book pairs beautifully with the teacup! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy