Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Fresh Start to 2013



Happy Tea Cup Tuesday.  Not a real blog post on Tea Cups but I am going to show one pretty one just to keep with the theme.
This is a Royal Albert Tea Cup set called Angela.  It is one of my very favorites.  I have this in my personal collection.

One of my favorite things at this time of year is to open a new, unwritten in, Journal!  All those pages just waiting for inspiration! 

I love January, always have, even in the depths of winter when we lived in Maine.  It was the one month in the year when I didn't USUALLY have outside commitments and could usually get to do some projects or things I had been putting off.

This new year and January in particular has been presenting a few challenges including JURY DUTY so I have to admit to being being behind in even thinking about Tea Cups and other fun stuff.

For the past two weeks I have been working on sewing projects that were neglected and art projects that had taken a back seat to the holidays. Things I really wanted to finish. And now,  at the moment I am caught up,  Just in time for the Jury Duty to take over my life for a bit... or not.... today I find out more about what it will entail this time.  I have only served one other time and that was when I lived back in Maine, in another life.....


I am hopeful to get back on track for Teacup Tuesday, next week.  I will have a weekend in the antique shop to take pictures and get something written.

But in the meantime I wanted to at least say hello and tell you what I have planned otherwise.

A few months ago I started subscribing to Folk Magazine.  It is a wonderful magazine filled with things I love ..country things, simpler things.  Just click on the magazine cover to learn more about it.

They have started a journaling challenge, for every Monday of the year and they have a blog that will do the same.  I decided perhaps I can join in, at least for awhile.  If you want to visit their blog you can learn about that too.  Click here!

This weeks challenge is "What Goals do You Hope to Achieve This Year?"
I generally know better,  after all the years that I have lived,  than to make the broad statements like more exercise, get organized, etc.  Mostly my goal this year is just to live the year productively and joyfully.  Should not be too hard to do.....

My three areas of interest and therefore things I often blog about are Tea Cups, paper and book crafting, and Quilting.  They will continue.  We have plans for a Nascar race or two, a couple of Blue Grass festivals and many trips to Flea Markets.  Lots of good stuff to blog about.

The Teacup Tuesdays will continue on Tuesday, the Folk Magazine Challenge on Mondays and on Friday I will try to talk about quilting or crafting.  And trips we take on other days or included in one of the above topics.  We shall just have to see how long those plans last.


Thanks for visiting today. And be sure to come back next week. And after you finish up your visit here be sure to check out the other tea parties in which I am taking part. 


                                                          
                                                              Rose Chintz Cottage

                                                 http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Snap said...

I see why this Royal Albert teacup is your favorite -- just gorgeous. I've heard so many good things about Folk magazine. I've started a new journal, too. Happy New Year and Happy Tea Day!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I LOVE your teacup! Beautiful! I must admit I have never been a journaler...for several reasons. I always admire those that do! I haven't seen the magazine before and will definitely check it out. Happy New Year and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Terri said...

Oh your Royal Albert cup is so pretty! What vibrant colors. Perfect for a cheery cup of tea in mid winter!
I am beginning journalling too. And continuing my sewing, painting, and drawing projects. I like you, love the new year...fresh and ready to make a new impression on!
Hugs,
Terri

Sherry said...

January has always been a difficult month for me, but I like your thoughts on it and how you approach it. Perhaps I'll take a page from your book and think about it as a time of burrowing in and getting things done...no outside commitments, just being with myself and discovering new things...I like it!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy New Year, Beth! Your RA teacup is so pretty and perfect to perk up the winter blahs. You sound like a very busy lady.
Me, I'm going to take it easy for the next number of days. Having just traveled to Vancouver and back, and brought along a head cold with me, I'm looking for peace and quiet and lots of hot tea to sip on. Thank you for joining me today.

Blessings,
Sandi

May said...

I see a theme to your post...steep yourself in what you love! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Zaa said...

The colours on this floral Royal Albert is so very pretty and endearing...It looks like hydrangea...LOVELY !!! It's going to be another busy year full of projects..I agree...

Journaling is a great way to work out your anxieties and stress and enjoy quiet moments for reflection... Sounds like a great start to the New Year...Wishing you health and happiness through 2013...Hugs

Victoria said...

Totally charming..such a gorgeous cup..the colors are wonderful and it speaks of pure poetry!
Victoria