Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Tea Party in January

Welcome to another Tea Cup Tuesday.

Here we are in the middle of January and although we are having a bit of a thaw where I live, and my daffodils are poking up through the ground, I KNOW the cold will return.  So I thought I would bring out some floral tea cups to enjoy now that we don't have any flowers growing outside.

This week I have chosen two cup and saucer sets from my shop that I like very much.  They are even "sort of" similar in that they have numerous different flowers all around.  However one is the typical transfer ware pattern and the other is partially handpainted.

I am showing them on a tray with a pretty little doily underneath.  And including two porcelain flower vases.

The cup and saucer on the left is from Crown Staffordshire and is partially handpainted.  I love this one because it has a pretty little pansy on it, one of my favorite flowers.

For information on Crown Staffordshire china you can check out this eBay guide by clicking here.






I am assuming the painted on letters and numbers indicate the artist who added the paint.

This next one is shown on the right on the tray.

   .  It is fromOld Royal China. The pattern name is Swansea.
  From information I can gather Old Royal China was part of a company called Sampson Smith ltd. 
Click on the name to learn more about it.
This company had several names and one was Old Royal China. and this
 particular china pattern has a mark from c.1930-1941.  
 



 So join me for a cup of tea today and then visit the other tea parties that are taking place today.
 Here is the list of other tea parties in which I am taking part. 

                                                          
                                                              Rose Chintz Cottage

                                                 http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/


6 comments:

Ruthie Miller said...

Dear Beth,
Both cups are so sweet and lovely!! Flowers in winter...
I love seeing ones I have never seen before.
Have a happy day, Ruthie from Lady B's

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love both of the patterns, and they are from great vintage makers. Very nice choices! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
Both the Crown Staffordshire and old Royal tea cups are lovely. The first one has such pretty pansies on it, and the second one has elegance! They make a sweet tea setting.
I love seeing the backstamps too!
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Your teacups are both very pretty. I especially like your 'pansy' cup! Wonderful makers and styles. Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Your tea cups are so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining our party. I think I love the first one the best. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

sandy said...

So pretty. My favorite is the first one. I love pansies also!
Sandy :)