Friday, February 22, 2013

Pin Cushion, Thread and Scrap Catcher.

 Awhile ago, while looking around on the web I came across something that is a very necessary item for my sewing room.  A Pin Cushion Thread and Scrap Catcher.   I found the directions at the website I list below and finally went about making my own.


Here is mine.

 The fabric consisted of two different fat quarters.  The one with hearts is from Connecting Threads (an on line and catalog shop) and the brown polka dot fabric was from Wal-Mart.    I am pleased with the way it turned out.  I may still do one final step, putting some cord around the top to make it more stable but not at the moment.  I will see if I feel I need it.

Here is the website where I found the directions. 
 http://www.merrimentdesign.com/pincushion-thread-catcher.php

Try it, it isn't too hard and I think it is well worth the effort.  I hope it makes the area around my sewing machine neater looking.




2 comments:

dallydominis said...

thank you for sharing, this really is a lovely item and so useful.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

What a fantastic accessory for your sewing room! The fabric is gorgeous.