Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fellowship of Flowers continues.............

The Fellowship of Flowers continues.  Here is a picture of my finished flower from last week.  Because I was using a fairly heavy cord for the couching of the yarn around the edges it took quite a while.  It is slow work pulling all that through the various layers.  BUT  I did it.  For my next set
I will probably use something different.  Be sure to click on the pictures to see them better.

And here the first three flowers completed.  Next Wednesday we will receive instructions on the project we will make using the first three flowers.
Meanwhile, this week our fearless leader Michelle started us on a new set of flowers.  The next one will include 6 flowers.  So at the end of Feb. or so we will have another project to begin.  The anticipation is fun.   I have to go through my stash of wool felt, fabric and fibers to select the theme of the next set.  I think I love the "planning" as much as I do the actual work.


We continue with winter here.  The snow comes.  Then it melts, then we get more.  We are presently in the COLD spell so the most recent snow didn't melt.  My husband keeps close tabs on the bird feeders to make sure our feathered friends have all the food they need and they reward us with lots of good birdwatching.    Yesterday we were visited by this Rose Breasted Woodpecker (on the Suet feeder.)  Isn't he beautiful. 

Today he was gone but lots of other birds include the usual amount of cardinals.  Here is a cardinal that is on the honeysuckle vine.  Another bird of some kind has joined him.

Now it is time to get to work on a quilt project I have going AND starting on the next set of flowers.  Please come back next week for Tea Cup Tuesday and The Fellowship of Flowers Thursday.

4 comments:

Nancy Claeys said...

Visiting from Grow Your Blog Party - and am now following along! Hope you will consider doing the same. Great to meet you!

Wendy said...

they are lovely flowers!

can I suggest not allowing anonymous comments rather than word verification? WV is such a pain and hard!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Flowers are looking good. Snow not so much! hee,hee,hee

Sarah Lizzie said...

Your flowers are lovely. My your wintry wonderland is pretty in your li'l corner of the world!!