Thursday, January 9, 2014

Flowers in January

Back again to report on my progress on the Fellowship of Flowers.  I am loving this project.  After I finished the one last week I collected materials up to start on this week as soon as I knew for sure which one we would be doing.
I thought I would get it done yesterday but had unexpected company so am behind.  I now hope to work on it and get it finished by the weekend.

Meanwhile here is the first part, unembellished. 
   And I am also showing it next to the one I did last week so you can see the direction I am heading.




On Tea Cup Tuesday this week I showed the Memory Lane china by Royal Ironstone.  I was checking some the other blogs I follow and discovered this entry from Sweet Bee Cottage .  She was using the plates from the set for her Christmas Table.



While looking out the back window this afternoon I noticed there was a large group of cardinals around the bird feeder... Both Mr. and Mrs.   

 If you look closely in the upper middle section  you will see a woodpecker of some type eating suet, and Cardinals and a Squirrel joining in the fun.


 I love watching the birds in the winter.  Especially the Cardinals.  They seem to have really bright coats this time of year.  Or maybe cause it is otherwise so dreary.














2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Beth
Pretty Flowers, I am trying to get startde on mine, I do have one cut out!

Busy Lizzie said...

thanks for visiting my blog, you make beautiful things. What a beautiful birds ♥