Monday, January 6, 2014

Tea Cup Tuesday Again

I am back again with posts for Tea Cup Tuesday and hope to stick with it better this time.   Last year just got to be too much.  But I really want to participate in this so here I am.

Yesterday was quiet in my shop since the weather was going down hill rapidly so I decided to set up a little tea party vignette on one of my trays.   

  This is from a set of china I have for sale in the shop.  It
 This set is from the  Royal China Inc. Sebring Ohio.  The set is 1965 Royal Ironstone "Memory Lane."  So while not real old it is definitely vintage!

 I chose to show you the cup and saucer,  a snack plate and the sugar and creamer.  I think the red and white seems quite cheerful in this cold wintry time.










Through all of this I have been drinking a lot of tea, Earl Grey Vanille  (a special kind from Tetley) It is very soothing.  I have not been able to find this particular one in the US so always bring back a supply after we have visited New Brunswick.

You will notice I showed two tins, one side is in English, the other side is in English.  It is always that way in New Brunswick.

So I hope you will check in with the other Tea Cup Tuesday folks at the following sites.....  And come back here to visit again.  I am trying to post at least twice a week now. Once for Tea Cup Tuesday and another day for my crafting and quilting exploits.

 http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

Rose Chintz Cottage  
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

                                   http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/


 http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/




7 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Welcome back, Beth, and Happy New Year! Well, I love red transferware so I don't need to tell you how much I love your pieces. Red is such a happy colour and with the weather most of us are experiencing, it is a warm sight to see in tea things. That is a wonderful pattern. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tea Time and have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

Hi Beth:
I am glad you shared a FRIENDS SHARING TEA which is also every Tuesday. I wish you a Happy New Year!

Ruth Weston said...

I haven't seen that Tetley here in the US either and it looks delicious. I love the Memory Lane pattern...it's so comfortingly homey!
Ruth

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your red transferware has a nice pattern on it and although the Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla is available in Ontario as well, I do have to hunt for it in stores, as they don't all carry it.

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
It is good to see you back. I look forward to seeing crafting and quilting : )
Memory Lane is a lovely pattern. How fun to set up a pretty tray.
Hugs and Happy New Year!
Terri

KathyB. said...

You are right, the pattern in warming red is perfect for this time of the year . I have never seen it before. Your vignette seems to invite one to linger over tea on a cold day.

Susan Clayton said...

I am drawn to ironstone in the winter and I love the red pieces you are sharing. So glad I found you at Artful Affirmations Teacup Tuesday! I hope you will have more time for blogging this year