Monday, January 20, 2014

Tea Cup Tuesday

 





We have made it to the third week in January already and the year is speeding along.  This week I decided to do something a bit different again.  I have this pretty little Brown Betty Type tea pot in my shop.  It is a hand painted vintage Redware Teapot.....   And although most of these seem to have been made in Japan this one is from Canada.  It is a.......

Royal Canadian Art Pottery Vintage Teapot  

  The teapot mark was hard to take a picture of but I did it and hope you can read it.  If not, this is what it says.   Royal Canadian Art Pottery,   Hamilton, Ontario.

After I put this on the tea tray I knew I needed a bit more rugged type cup and saucer so looking around my shop I came across this set of dishes and and am using one of the cups and saucers and a bread and butter place for this week's tea.

They are from a set of china called Fair Winds.  



This set of china is, as the marks indicate, from Alfred Meakin China.  I couldn't find much info on the maker but learned it was bought out by Franciscan China in the 70s I think.  This set was much earlier though.  It depicts scenes from when the China Trade flourished in the US.  Like some other similar sets each different piece of china has a different picture.  This first mark was on the saucer.  The more detailed one was on the back of the plate.




I hope you are enjoying this weeks Tea Cup Tuesday.   Here are links to some of the other sites.

 http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

 

Rose Chintz Cottage

Sandi is celebrating her 4th year blog anniversary this week at:  Be sure to visit for a real treat.
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

 

 

                                      http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/


  http://blog.bernideens.com





Be sure to come back on Thursday when I will be showing some of the sewing projects I am working on at present including The Fellowship of Flowers.

10 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
What a cute teapot and it's from Canada too! You chose a wonderful teacup to go with it. I love transferware. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for my tea party anniversary. Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth Weston said...

Hi Beth. Love the Royal Canadian Brown Betty! Great homey teapot! And I love Fair Winds...such a whimsical pattern. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea and have a great week!
Ruth

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I am pleased to meet you! I haven't seen that teapot or teacup before. They are lovely collectibles! Thank you for visiting me and leaving such kind words. Have a wonderful week!
Karen

Beth said...

The Fair Winds pattern is very nice! I enjoyed seeing your teacup and teapot.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The teapot is nice, especially since it was made right here in Canada and it has a big handle easy for lifting.

Snap said...

the fair winds china looks very interesting, but your vintage teapot is a real treasure! fun! Happy tea day!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Love the Fair Winds, one of my favorite transfer ware patterns. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
What a fascinating post. A Canadian brown tea pot, with such a cool engraved backstamp, and your Franciscan tea cup. These are really wonderful collectables.
I haven't seen either of them before.
Thank you so much for sharing : )
Hugs,
Terri

Micupoftea said...

Ah, so lovely and unique! Thanks for sharing these pieces. Have a great week ahead :)

Janina Lynet Rolin said...

Hello, your blog is beautiful, I'm following now, Happy Grow your blog!