Saturday, January 4, 2014

The New Year always gets me organized! (for a short time anyway...)







My first project for the new year is a crocheted scarf.  I have quite a bit of unused yarn in my stash.  I determined I should slowly start using it and any not used by July 1st will be donated to a lady I know who makes afghans for sick folks.  I will see her in mid July at one of our Bluegrass Festivals and give her what I have then.  I am pretty sure it will be a lot with the extreme slowness of the way I work.  I found this pattern by searching All Free Crochet.com.    .    The scarf I chose to make is this one..... An Easy One Skein Beginner Scarf.                I made mine a little wider than the original.  I added two more shells per row. It isn't moving all that fast because I just pick it up when I have a moment.  But my goal is to finish it by the end of the month.  I imagine there will still be cold enough weather to use need it.
                                                          
                                                                    The Rasberry Rabbits

Another thing I have done is to join an online group called Fellowship of The Flowers.  We will be making some type of felt flower every Wednesday all through the year.... and.... turn them into projects along the way.  Here is the link.... FELLOWSHIP OF THE FLOWERS ....       I bought my membership through Craftsy but I think you can link to it through the site as well.  

Here is a picture of the first flower I made....  I may or may not be finished.  I didn't make it exactly like the class example.....  I have to wait to see what happens with the next two to see if I need to add more.  What do you think??  There will be two more flowers added to this to make into a project which at the moment is not known.  I will show it when it is done.

So the new year begins with lots of projects.  I never plan to be bored!!!   I like to keep busy.  Can you tell?

1 comment:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's a beautiful flower my friend! You did a wonderful job! I also adore the scarf. The colors are lovely. Be sure and save some of the yarn for couching around the flowers. :)
Hugs and thanks so much for joining the Fellowship.