Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Three Flower Bell Pull

Last night I finally put the finishing touches on the first monthly project of the Fellowship Of Flowers.    I am pleased since last night was the last night of January.  I wonder if I will be so good in February.  I am already behind a tiny bit on making the flowers.  But I PLAN to catch up this coming weekend.

Here is my first project.  When Michelle showed us the firtst project I knew right off I would have to do mine a bit different than hers.  But I loved the idea of a bell pull......   (She used Downton Abbey as her inspiration.)     So here is mine.  If you visit her blog you will see hers is very different than mine.   But I like the idea of doing it my own way.

I should state that I don't have a bell in my stash, at the moment, to add to the bottom so may end up just putting a tassel.  We shall have to see.  But I am happy with what I have so far.

Here it is......
I know the yarn trim looks a little funny in the picture but not in real life.  It is very thick yard but doesn't show it in the picture for some reason.  But you get the idea.

I am hopeful I will be able to show you the first two flowers for the next project by next Wed. or Thurs.  With some degree of luck and planning I should have them to show you then.  We shall see.

MEANWHILE.......don't forget to check in next Tuesday to see what I have in mind for my weekly tea party.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm taking a wild one at what a bell pull is and I'm probably wrong, like most times. What do you use it for? You did a lovely job.
Have a great week,
cindy

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Looks wonderful! Great job girlfriend!