Monday, February 10, 2014

A Valentine Tea Cup Tuesday.





Happy Valentines Day

Here are some things I have pulled together to make a fun Valentines Day Tea Party.
The heart above was something I made in an art class a couple of years ago.

I thought I would use PINK this time, not the more traditional Red and White.   This teapot is part of a set I probably featured awhile back.  There is a sugar and creamer that goes with it. AND they each have copper tea cozies.  For this I just chose to include the tea pot.

The mark on the bottom indicates this was made for Forman Family Inc. by the Hall China Co.  After an internet search I think I have learned that it was a restaurant in NYC somewhere.  If you know add a comment.





  Carnations



 Since I was using the pink theme I found this cup and saucer featuring carnations.  And in my china cabinet in the house I found this Aynsley floral... A carnation.  It is apparently the August flower of the month.  I have one of these little porcelain flowers for all the birthday months in our family.

 AND here is the cup and saucer.  It is made by Royal Tuscan. (According to the mark it is part of the Wedgewood Family of china makers.



I hope you will enjoy a cup of tea on Valentines Day.  
And be sure to visit all the other tea parties going on today and tomorrow.   

I hope you are enjoying this weeks Tea Cup Tuesday.   Here are links to some of the other sites.

 http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

 

Rose Chintz Cottage

http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

 http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/


  http://blog.bernideens.com

 

I hope you will come back here next week for another tea party.  And check with me on Thursday or Friday when I hope to show some progress on my latest Fellowship of Flowers projects.

19 comments:

Diann said...

Very pretty teacup set. And the hall teapot is wonderful. Have a terrific week!

Snap said...

The Hall teapot is fun. Love the carnation teacup -- a pretty change from roses for Valentine day! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your carnation teacup is a pretty one and how lovely to have all the floral pieces of the birthdays in your family. That's a nice collection to have, Beth. I like your pink theme. Thank you for sharing at my special tea party and Happy Valentines Day!

Blessings,
Sandi

Tea in Texas said...

My you have a lovely pink tea party! The art paper heart is a beauty and great with the tea things. Your pink Hall teapot is a treasure and perfect with the carnations. I love the china bouquets and Aynsley's are so lovely. I loved seeing them at each shop and factory we visited when we were in England and a few came home with me. Your cup and saucer is pretty in pink carnations. Have a great Valentine's!

Pam

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

I just adore your handmade heart and beautiful teacup for the party. Happy Valentine's Day!

xinex said...

The heart you created is so pretty and that carnation,....wow! Beautiful tea cup set too!...christine

Clara said...

Your carnation teacup set is lovely and pink is extra nice for Valentine's Day.
~Clara

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a pretty teacup and all your Valentine themes for your tea party. So very pretty!
..Nancy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Beth
The paper heart you made is very nice and I like the carnation teacup. I'm a pink and burgundy type of gal myself for Valentine's day and my husband knows I'd rather have a bouquet of carnations than roses.
I hope you have a nice Valentine's Day.
Judith

kitty said...

Hi Beth,
What a lovely carnation teacup you've shared. Your pink teapot goes perfectly with it. I will enjoy a pot of tea on ❤️ Day, as I do each and every day. xo

Bernideen said...

Lovely pieces and I so enjoyed seeing them all!

Martha's Favorites said...

So very pretty! Love the Valentine Card! So very beautiful. Blessings, Martha

Susan said...

I love carnations, in the garden, in soaps and on tea cups. Your 1940's tea would also work for valentines day. I often buy things with small dot patterns. I finally found time to scroll through your garden posts, you obviously love your garden, just as I do.

Terri said...

I think your heart is really lovely! I love all those paper layers.
Your tea cup in carnations is a pretty vintage one. I love the Aynsley rose too! I have never seen your pink tea pot before or heard of that maker. It is such a fascinating tea pot! That shade of pink is fab!
Hugs,
Terri

Beth said...

The carnation teacup is really pretty, Beth. Happy Valentine's Day!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
The teacup is very pretty and I love the pink teapot. You are so very talented...your heart craft is lovely! Thank you for visiting me and leaving such kind words! Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Karen

Susan Clayton said...

So pretty! Love the shape of the cup. Carnations make me think of the mountain pinks that grew in our yard when I was a child.

Cache-Mire said...

What a lovely blog! The teacup is very pretty. I am visiting from the GYB party and am glad to meet you. Will be following. ~Terri

Bonnie said...

I love that teacup and saucer. Well, I love ALL teacups and saucers but that one is especially lovely.