Monday, February 3, 2014

Tea Cup Tuesday in February




This week for my tea party I found this tea cozy in my shop and set about to use that as the starting point for gathering items to use.

Someone must have made this a long time ago.

 I began finding things to go with it.  Houses often have Ivy (although this one doesn't) but since I had a nice ivy decorated platter I thought it would be a good addition.  Then I found the little cup and saucer with ivy and pretty little yellow flowers and then it just moved from there. I found the green checked towel that was originally a feed sack. And the pretty little towel on which someone had embroidered  some yellow flowers.   I had some dried hydrangea from last fall so put them in the little clear vase to tie the whole thing together.



The cup and saucer I chose are from Queen Anne Bone China, a favorite of mine.





And here is the platter.  It was made by Homer Laughlin.  From what I can gather Debutante must be the plate style.  Or even more confusing, I read that it is the Julilee plate pattern with decals which makes it Debutante.  But there are many different decals designs that have Debutante as the mark.  The  company must have had reasons for doing this but I don't know.  It makes it hard sometimes.


 Here is the mark for the platter.  I am sorry it is blurry but that is the way it is on the plate.  It does show it is Homer Laughlin, Debutante pattern and I think it is from 1952.  Can't be absolutely sure.  But everything I can find says this is a 50s pattern. 

 
So it all comes together for this weeks tea party.







I hope you are enjoying this weeks Tea Cup Tuesday.   Here are links to some of the other sites.

 http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

 

Rose Chintz Cottage

http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

 

 

                                      http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/


  http://blog.bernideens.com

 

I hope you will come back here next week for another tea party.  And check with me on Thursday or Friday when I hope to show some progress on my latest Fellowship of Flowers projects.

15 comments:

Beth said...

Great tea cozy, Beth! Love the springy floral teacup too. Happy Tea Day!

Bernideen said...

What a great collection of items that do "feel alike" in style. Very cottage and very sweet and I am so glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea as this is exactly the kind of fun post I love!

Snap said...

The cozy is too cute and your tea cup is bright and cheery -- thinking about spring! Happy Tea Day!

The Charm of Home said...

I like that pattern of china Beth. Anything with ivy on it is always good!
Sherry

Deborah Montgomery said...

I adore handmade items like that tea cozy. I always wonder about the lives of the women who made them. So much time goes into making handmade items, they are treasures.

Sarah Lizzie said...

I adore your tea cup Tuesday vignette this week...'tis so spring-like and cottagey. I love the house tea cozy, it looks as if a lot of time and love went into the stitching of this one.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

What an adorable tea cozy and Queen Anne teacup! The pretty yellow pattern is a friendly reminder that spring is on the way. Thank you for sipping tea with me today.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The tea cozy must be one of a kind, it's adorable. I want to say how much I like your bell pull too Beth, that would have been a fun project.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Love how all your tea items go so well together! Your tea cozy is so cute and a lucky find!
Nancy

Terri said...

Lovely vintage post! Your Queen Anne yellow and green tea cup is fab. The ivy works well with your cute house tea cozy too. It all works together beautifully :)
Hugs,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Just love that Homer Laughlin platter. Your tea cozy is wonderful. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Pondside said...

I always use a tea cosy and love to find a vintage one - yours is very sweet!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I love your little house tea cozy. I use one everyday and find that tea stays much warmer. Your teacup is so pretty. Thank you for visiting me and leaving such kind words! Have a wonderful week! I am a new follower!
Karen

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Sorry I am so late visiting but I was without my computer until just now. That tea cozy is really sweet and I love your Queen Anne teacup with the ivy! Thank you for joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sweet Pea said...

What a great way to bring a collection together! I love all the vintage linens (I can't resist a nice piece).
I also love the ivy platter...it pulls everything together beautifully.
(Dropping by from Artful Affirmations).