Monday, February 24, 2014

Tea Cup Tuesday, a visit to a flea market

The last Saturday of the winter months here in our area there is a flea market we like to attend.  I showed a few things I found last month.  This month I concentrated  on all of the cups and saucers I found there. I thought they might make a nice Tea Cup Tuesday post. There were quite a few at this sale even considering this isn't an area where I normally find them.


The first group I found was these pretty little Japanese "Pedestal style" cup and saucer sets.  One set even had little legs instead of a pedestal.


 Another table had these Royalty items.  The mug was from Charles and Diana's wedding. Nothing real special as they were available in every shop during that time.  The cup and saucer and plate were made by Royal Winton at the time of Queen Elizabeth's coronation.  I used to collect these kind of items and would have purchased the Elizabeth set but have to admit I don't collect them anymore.




 One table had a grouping of tea pots.  Just about any style you might have wanted.  Too bad I REALLY don't need anymore.



 These three sets are Royal Albert.
 I neglected to check the Marks so can't give you names.  I think the one with the Poinsettia "may" be called Yuletide.  If you know more please add to the comment section.

And this set is a design with Holly though I couldn't tell you its real name either.    I spent some time at the Royal Albert site on line but didn't find it either.


This final cup and saucer this week is an earlier one from a  Royal Albert flower of the month series.  This is "Holly", number 12 in that series.  From what I can learn it is probably from the 1940s or maybe the 50s.   I loved the detail on this one.
 

And here is the mark.

I hope you are enjoying this weeks Tea Cup Tuesday.   Here are links to some of the other sites.

 http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

 

Rose Chintz Cottage

http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

  http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/


  http://blog.bernideens.com

 

I hope you will come back here next week for another tea party.  And check with me on Thursday or Friday when I will show you some progress on my latest Fellowship of Flowers projects and a picture of a UFO that is now "finished". 

18 comments:

Ruth Weston said...

Hi Beth. Great flea market! The first poinsettia set is called Noel, probably by Royal Grafton or Queen Anne and the one with holly is also Noel but that looks like the Rosina one! Different makers...but actually both patterns were made by several different makers using the same decals. But I LOVE Christmas china patterns!
Ruth

Beth said...

There were some lovely items at the flea market and I enjoyed seeing them. Lovely teacups!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
You shared some beautiful teacups. I love those poinsettia and holly sets. Christmas china is always so pretty and reminds us of the happiest time of year. Thank you for sharing and joining me for Tea Time.

Blessings,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love browsing flea markets and antique barns and the one you were at seems organized with clean products. Some that I've been to are just a jumble of things and it's difficult see what is available.

Snap said...

Looks like lots of good tea "things" at the flea market. I don't "need" anymore teapots or teacups either, but it sure is fun to look. Happy Tea Day!

kitty said...

Thank you for sharing your fun time at the flea market, Beth. I guess none of us "need" any more things, but they certainly are pretty to look at. xo

Bernideen said...

Love them all. Looks like you had great fun and I am so glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea!

Blackberry Lane said...

Following you from Bernideen's. We love flea markets/thrift stores. Thanks for sharing your finds with us. They had a great selection of tea pots, too.

Mildred

Martha said...

Nothing like finding those singles! Love all the holly cups and saucers! I prefer English ones and blue and white ones at that (for the most part!) But it is a thrill when I find some blue and white when I'm out and about!

Anne Payne said...

What a great place to go. I would love to find a flea market that had display's like this! I am trying to find a teapot and probably would have bought one :) I have Christmas China in a similar holly pattern in the second to last photo.

Kim said...

My, you have found some beauties haven't you. One can always squeeze in one more cup and saucer and teapot, can't one!

Winnie said...

Such a lovely collection you have there! Great idea for finding such treasures.

Denise said...

Hello Beth :) Thank You for visiting and Your comment.I am Your newest follower now and I'm so glad to have You follow Me too.I loved all the pics You had today.I still love the Japanese style the most out of them all.I think they feel so good in the hand.Enjoyed your Teatime post-Denise

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: Doing what I love to do. Always on the look out for new tea cups. Love the last one, quite beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us. Blessings, Martha

Veronica Roth said...

Hi Beth, your flea market sounds like a treasure. Are the prices reasonable also? Some flea markets I visit have such horribly high prices and others are such fantastic bargains that whether I need a tea pot or not I can't resist. :) Hope your week is shaping up to be just lovely.

Terri said...

Oh Beth! You show us beautiful tea cups we can not buy!!! ARRGGGH! lol! I would love to own the Queen Elizabeth commemorative set! Oh my!
You are a lucky girl to see them. Wish I was there with you : )
Thanks so much for the eye candy!
Hugs,
Terri

Kathryn Ross said...

Blessings, Beth! Lovely collections - I've a teatime post waiting in the wings with treasures from an antique show I was at earlier this month, too. You crack me up about having too many teapots to add another - and not collecting anymore - it can be hard to stop. Thankfully, my budget keeps me highly disciplined on that score. But, the odd deal at a thrift shop is always a thrill. These Royal Alberts are some of my favorites - and a mite pricier than the thrift store find. I have a few - and shall pepper my tea post with photos from shows for variation.
Joy!
Kathy

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Beth,
that was fun to see the different tea cups and pots on this flee market. Really amazing treasures. Thank you for showing us the details, which I highly enjoyed. And thank you for your visit and the sweet comment on my blogpost.
Best greetings, Johanna