Monday, February 17, 2014

Tea Cup Tuesday

 This week  I will just be sharing one of my absolute favorite cup and saucer sets.

The flu bug hit and the snow storm hit and hit and hit.....  so I didn't even open my shop for a week.  No point since I didn't think customers would want to come by any way.  Driving was dangerous. Usually I do my Tea Cup Tuesday pictures in my shop.... but not this week.


So I went back into the archives a bit and found this cup and saucer.



 Angela by  Royal Albert (my favorite maker.)

I don't know what the flowers on this set represent for sure however I like to think of them as hydrangeas. I have looked on line but can't find out for sure.  Maybe someone knows.

I love hydrangeas when they are in full bloom or even when they are dried.  Here is a picture  I took up in Gloucester, Ma. last summer.  Hydrangeas love the sea air and the soil in the area.


And here is a quick pic of the hydrangeas I have along side my antique shop.

And hydrangea dries so nicely............


I am showing the cup and saucer set here with a pretty aluminum serving piece.  I sell a lot of aluminum pieces in my shop.  They are easier to keep looking good than silver so can be good idea for places like informal lunches, teas, and even on the patio.


A pretty little surprise inside the cup.




I hope you are enjoying this weeks Tea Cup Tuesday.   Here are links to some of the other sites.

 http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

 

Rose Chintz Cottage

http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

 http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/


  http://blog.bernideens.com

 

I hope you will come back here next week for another tea party.  And check with me on Thursday or Friday when I hope to show some progress on my latest Fellowship of Flowers projects.  And this week I will be sharing a UFO I decided to finish!

12 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Beth,
What a sweet teacup! One cannot go wrong with Royal Albert. I love hydrangeas too, growing in the garden or dried. I always try to have some dried displayed on the mantel. As always, it's a delight to have you join me for tea time. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous cup and saucer, Beth. I love hydrangeas too and hope to add a couple more to my gardens this spring. Hope you feel better very soon.

Ruth Weston said...

Gorgeous! I love RA and chintz! And Hydrangeas are a favorite....perfect!
Ruth

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

RA is my favourite for teacups too Beth. Hydrangeas are such a hardy shrub in the garden and come in quite a number of colours.
Judith

Sarah Lizzie said...

I can why this teacup is your favourite...'tis quite simply gorgeous. Aren't Hydrangeas beautiful...I love their gorgeous mop head flowers and they last as cut flowers for what seems forever. Have a lovely day, I hope that the snow is kind to you!!

Bernideen said...

What vibrant colors and oh how lovely!!!! So glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Beth
What a beautiful tea cup and saucer - the flowers look like English primroses to me. They come in those colours and of course many others too - you can google it and see what you think!

Hydrangeas are such a great standby shrub, I have many in my garden too.
Shane

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
I am sorry you have been under the weather. I hope you are feeling much better today.
Your tea cup is colorful and cheery. I think you are right about the hydrangea flowers. They do look like it to me too.
Hugs, and feel better.
Terri

kitty said...

Oh Beth, your teacup is a beauty!! Your hydrangeas are just gorgeous, too. Oh, how I wish I could grow them, but don't have much luck in Texas.
I hope you're feeling better. xo

Veronica Roth said...

Oh gosh Beth, isn't this the never ending winter! I hope the snow and cold get sent packing very soon. Your tea cup is wonderful and does look like hydrangea blossoms to me. Hope you have a lovely, and snow free week and hope that spring comes to find you soon.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh Beth your teacup is beautiful and the hydrangea bush = stunning!

I cannot wait for spring to arrive, we have so much snow still here. We're covered!

So you like dollhouses too? We have a lot in common. I have hardly ever posted anything about my dollhouses. Where they are the lightining is poor, I think that is the real reason.

Blessings be yours.

Anne Payne said...

This is one of the prettiest tea cups I've seen! I adore the blue and lavender hydrangeas. My husband and I were talking about buying a bush or two for our yard this spring but I would be just as happy with a tea cup ;) I hopped over from Rose Chintz Cottage. Have a great week.