Friday, March 7, 2014

A chandelier make over

No fellowship of flowers today.  I am too far behind so will skip a week.  Maybe even two.  However I still have something to show today. And it contains "flowers."




A few years ago I found the instructions for making this pretty little hanging planter while reading through one of the Lowes  DIY magazines.  I don't remember exactly what the one they showed looked like but it inspired me.  As you can see it is made out of an old chandelier....


 It is presently hanging up in the front of a window in my antique shop ..... Lavender and Old Lace.... hence the color choices.

You can see my planter has silk flowers but you can make one that will hold real plants.  See the tutorial below.


I found the tutorial while doing a serach for something completely different and it reminded me of mine, so thought I would share.



BELOW YOU WILL FIND THE TUTORIAL
So if you are ready to make one of your own...  Here is the link....

http://diyshowoff.com/2013/06/11/chandelier-planter-tutorial-2/

It reminded me of mine which is why I am doing this post.

  It is really pretty easy and if you make the rounds of yard sales, thrift stores and such you can probably find what you need to make it without too much cost.  The most expensive part of mine was probably the silk flowers I used. The old chandelier came from a yard sale.  The pots were in my garden shed.  I already had the paint from other projects.   .... and it was put together by my VERY handy husband.


I will be back again next Tuesday for Tea Cup Tuesday.  (I have already decided what to show. )   And hope to have something to show with the Fellowship of Flowers next week.  

5 comments:

Denise said...

WOW ! I love Your's.Pots are darling.

Blackberry Lane said...

Very unique and a great idea.

Susan said...

I go in to our thrift store almost every time I'm in town and see the same old chandeliers hanging there week after week. Perhaps I can rescue one and give it a new life. Great idea.

My Garden Diaries said...

This is just outstanding!!! I am now tho inking of how I can make one for outside too! Beautiful job! Nicole

Kim said...

I love your floral-filled chandelier!! Passers-by, upon seeing your gorgeous chandelier hanging in the window, would be enticed to walk into your lovely shop and see what other pretties are to be found!! Such a stunning idea!!