Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fellowship of Flowers and other crafting updates.

 Here is my new Fellowship of Flowers Table Topper, a bit farther along................  


 I have finished 5 of the 7 bees.  Should be done with the other two today.
I hoped I would be finished with the whole project this week but not to be. I am currently having a bit of a dilemma in reference to finishing off the project.  I have been trying to use only items I have in my "stash." But this time I need some beads and trims that I don't have.  (I have plenty of beads, just not the colors I want to use.  Same for the trim!)

Because I live a bit of a drive from craft stores and fabric stores, I can't just run out and get something when I need it.  We do have a Wal-Mart but it is getting more and more limited in what they carry.
Sometimes, when I can get to a flea market I can find something I can use.  But at the moment with winter still hanging on we don't do much of that and certainly not the ones that might have the items I want to buy. 

So I am still working on the fellowship of flowers project but  lacking a few things I need to finish it.  I hope to get to Joann's or some other similar shop soon.  I have tried finding things I want on line but so far NOTHING I am willing to buy since I want to be able to SEE the item, not just guess that the colors are right. 

I will not let myself drive almost an hour each way for one or two small items.  I generally check out those stores when we are doing something else as well.  So once I get this project as far along as I can I will put it aside and work on something else.

????QUESTION?????
Do any of you other folks out there have a problem like this?  How do you handle it?



I just keep making a list and hope to fulfill that list when I get to a proper store.

Meanwhile I have dug out a few quilting UFOS I have the "stuff" to complete.  So far I have finished one little mat.

 And on another project I have finished the machine applique and just need to finish the machine quilting.  It is moving along quite well... just need to find the time.  I will show that when it is farther along.  Should be next week.


So that is it for now.  I will be back on Tuesday with Tea Cup Tuesday and  Thurs. or Friday with my crafting and other projects.

2 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I really like the flowers and bees you're working on. We only have Michael's to buy crafts from so when I'm in the US I love visiting Joann's and Hobby Lobby.
We're in a rural area and I do the same, keep a running list of what I need and then finally drive to the city north of us for supplies.

Kim said...

As a gal who lives in a far rural outpost I can so feel your dilemma, Beth!! Tis very annoying to find that you only need one little bit or bob to finish your 'pretty' but have to wait till you next go to 'town'!! I always seem to have a very long 'to get' list in readiness for my next trip to town. I must say that your table topper is so very pretty. I love the pretty flowers and those bees....on my they are gorgeous!!