Monday, March 31, 2014

First Tea Cup Tuesday in April

We "thought" spring was coming but we were due for another SURPRISE.  What started out as rain turned into a sleet, ice and snow event and we ended up with 5 fresh inches of the stuff on the ground.  What a mess.  So now we have to wait for it to leave!  This week the temps are supposed to be in the 50s for part of each day so that "should" help!  

Meanwhile this is what we have.....................



 A couple of days ago I went out to take pictures of the spring bulbs that are coming up.  I hope they are still there under all this stuff.

Here are the pictures I took ......

Lots of Daffodils



And some Tulips!

But on to better things!


For today's Tea Party I  decided to do something very different.

 As some of you know I like to make miniatures. And so a while ago I made a "miniature tea shop."  I used the Mary Englebreit theme because I thought it was appropriate.  I painted the paper mache teapot in familiar colors with her "cherries" as the main design. I found a little paper kit to make some of the items and I was able to find a little tea set featuring the cherries too. And away I went!

 And a closeup of inside the pot.

 This is the ME style miniature tea set.


 A closeup of the table and chairs,

 

 And the shelf with teapots and tea boxes.
 


This little tea pot and tiered server were made from jewelry findings and beads.  Fun to make but tiny!

So I hope you enjoyed a visit to my world of miniatures and that you enjoyed the "tea party."


I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.+

16 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Your miniatures are fantastic! What a gift you have! Hope you will be seeing those blooms soon! Nicole

Susan said...

I wish I knew a real tea shop as charming as yours, I would be a regular visitor.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Your yard looks exactly like ours right now. This time last year we had no snow around at all so it's a great disappointment to be experiencing so much winter weather these days.
Your miniature tea is simply adorable and charming. It must have taken a lot of patience to do that. I am impressed! I have a niece who also possesses nimble fingers and she can whip up miniatures in no time. I'm afraid I don't have that talent. Thank you for sharing and joining me for Tea Time.

Blessings,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

As with Sandi, our yard looks like yours. We're to have mid 40s weather this week, so that's a start.
The ME teapot house you made is adorable, as are all the tiny elements. I'm giving a lecture on Fairy Gardens later this summer and your miniatures would fit right in for one of the gardens.

Ruth Weston said...

Have been hearing about the snow...sigh...when's spring? Your tulips look like mine! I love your miniature tea room in a teapot. How cute! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Bernideen said...

Oh my - I have never seen a miniature room in a teapot like that! That looks like a major accomplishment! Darling and so glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea!

Snap said...

Oh my! How adorable and how tiny! I'm very impressed. Hope the snow leaves soon and your bulbs spring forth! Happy Tea Day.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my lord, that miniature teashop is adorable, and the mache teapot is too. The jewelry teapot and tiered server is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing.
FABBY

Terri said...

I can see why you didn't have tea out doors! lol!
Wow, what a lot of snow! I am hoping for you that this one was the very last this season.
Love your miniature tea room...that is adorable!
Hugs,
Terri

my cup of tea said...

Your tiny tea party is amazing! I just adore those tiny teapots and the tier server! OH MY! How fun!
So sorry about your snow.....
~Donna~

KathyB. said...

looks like the weather was an April Fool's joke on you. ( and here you thought spring was coming )

Your miniature tea setting is wonderful ! I love miniatures and dabble with mine as often as I am able...

I hope the warm weather promises are true and your bulbs fare well.

Poppy said...

Hi Beth,

What an adorable mini teascape! Anything tiny always seems much prettier, doesn't it? Your snowy scene is not too different from ours here, although things must be feeling more like spring with those daffodils sprouting!

Poppy

Cindy said...

Hi Beth, when I look at your yard I think I'm looking at mine, the snow covered one. We are not even close to seeing any spring flowers as they are under 5 feet of snow in most parts of the garden.

Your miniatures are dainty and fit perfectly into a tea party. You did a wonderful job, so much fun.

Kim said...

Oh WOW, Beth your teapot with all those incredible little itty bitty miniatures is amazing. The amount of time it must have taken to create these gorgeous lovelies with so much detail. They are just lovely. As for your wintry 'wonderland'...though it must be a pain and you can hardly wait for Spring, I must admit it makes for beautiful photos!!

tattrldy said...

What a wonderful tea spot - in a tea pot! Very cute. I do hope that your flowers survived the snow. Spring has to come and stay for a while soon. The teapot and server are gorgeous! I can't even imagine how to make those.

tattrldy said...

What a wonderful tea spot - in a tea pot! Very cute. I do hope that your flowers survived the snow. Spring has to come and stay for a while soon. The teapot and server are gorgeous! I can't even imagine how to make those.