Monday, March 10, 2014

Second Tea Cup Tuesday in March







I personally am getting tired of SNOW.... and white..... SO for this week's tea party I am featuring GREEN!!!!!  And a bit of yellow. Well there is some white in the flowers but that is ok.

This is a bit different than my regular showings but it seemed appropriate.

This week's china pattern is Riviera by Homer Laughlin.  Many of you are probably familiar with Fiesta.  But HL made other patterns at that time.  One was this one called Riviera using the plate design called Century.  It was available at JJ Newberry.  and The Murphy Co. (similar to Woolworths)

Riviera is available in the same colors as Fiesta....  but is a very different shape. We like it so much we have been collecting the green color for many years and as a result probably have almost every different item they sold.

(they made it in other colors and the blue one and the yellow one go nicely together.)

If I was going to have a tea party using this pattern these are the pieces I would probably use.

There was a teapot but that is something we have not found.   We have all sizes of plates and platters, bowls in several sizes, a large pitcher and a covered vegetable dish.  All in addition to the pieces I have shown above.

Sugar and Creamer






         Interestingly enough this creamer is just a smaller version of their casserole dish.

cup and saucer




Fruit Bowl




2 tiered server




I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.



Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.+

14 comments:

Ruth Weston said...

What a great spring green set! Perfect for the season. Your daisy bouquet sets it off beautifully! Spring is wanted...NOW! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Snap said...

Your Riviera is perfect for a St. Patrick's Day celebration. Very colorful with the daisies. Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wonderful green colour, Beth! Reminds me of springtime. I really like the tiered server. That is a happy bouquet too.
I am really sick of the white stuff too and we're supposed to get up to 40 cm of snow this week in a storm coming our way. That's about 15.7 inches! Cannot wait for this winter to be over with! Spring, Spring, where art thou?? Thanks for sharing and coming to tea and have a lovey day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oops, sorry, I meant 'lovely' day!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's very pretty. Love that shade of green! xoxo

Liz said...

Love that shade of green.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A pretty springtime green colour, and it's nice that you have so many matching pieces.

Kim said...

Your lovely green Fiesta set will banish the ubiquitous snow white wintry feeling away in a hurry. Such a pretty set...love the two tier server...perfect for li'l cupcakes!! That pretty bouquet definitely adds a feeling of Spring!!

kitty said...

Hi Beth,
I haven't heard of the Riviera pattern, but the color is beautiful, especially for Spring. What a wonderful collection you gave.

Tea in Texas said...

What a fabulous shape for the HL pattern Riveria. I love the color green. My mother used Fiesta pattern when I was growing up and had every color. Your shape is much more interesting than the Fiesta shape. I would love to see the teapot and hope you find it. Have a delightful week!

Pam

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am a big fan of Homer Laughlin. Love our post today. Dishes are just perfect. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Clara / Rosewalk Cottage said...

I love your teacups and checked tablecloth. I've been trying to find some pretty ones like yours to match my green teapot. Have a great week.
~Clara

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Love your green and yellow tea! Your collection of green china is so pretty and the yellow bouquet sets the tea off so pretty! I am tired of all the snow, too! Can't wait until spring!
Nancy

Veronica Roth said...

Hi Beth, I missed TT but still wanted to catch up with you. Loving the fresh green china. It sure goes a long way to driving the winter freeze away, doesn't it? Hope your week gets progressively warmer. :)