Friday, April 25, 2014

A car show and crafting



I am a little late with my weekly update on crafting and travels and such because I wasn’t home soon enough  to put it on the blog early Friday morning.  But am home now so here it is.

This week we did something completely different.  We went to a CAR SHOW.  It was in Carlisle, Pa.  They have a LOT of shows every year and people come from all over.  Even Canada.  In our campground there were campers from several Canadian provinces, CA, Nevada, West Virginia, CT, NY and Ohio, New Mexico, Utah, NH, NJ and Mass.  They were just the ones I noticed!   I heard some folks come from overseas as well.  Recently a guy came from Sweden and took a car home with him.  Apparently this place is a "big deal."

 My husband is beginning to restore a 1929 Model A Ford truck.  SO..... we needed  to go to a car show so he could meet with like minded folks.  AND so he could spend MONEY on stuff he needs.

I didn't actually go into the car show after the first day.  I only did that so I could see what it was all about.  The rest of the time I actually sat out in our camper which we were able to set up just outside the gate.  I brought along a lot of little projects to work on.  I didn't bring my machine but did bring scissors, glue, rotary cutter, fabric and cutting mats.  Also a tiny miniature bed project for one of my 1:48 scale doll houses.  I managed to finish up the cutting out of pieces for a BOM I have been working on.  I cut out a lot of the wool for some of the future Fellowship of Flowers projects and I did a LOT of reading.  It was actually like a mini vacation for me since all I had to do was cook breakfasts.    I was never bored.  We went out to dinner each evening which was my treat for the day.  We ate at a diner one evening.  I love diners and this one was a good one.


I  took a couple of pictures to show you the various things that caught  my eye.  I didn't go up to see all the show cars. The pictures I took were in the selling area.

The first was a "cute" 1949 Dodge Truck.  Now I think I might have fun driving around in it, if someone else would restore it.  LOL  (NO my husband won't do it....)



The next picture is of a Model A truck, similar to the one my husband is doing.


And then I found this cute "Henry J,"  a car from long ago that wasn't exactly a "best seller."  Someone had fun painting this up.


People that sell at the show sometimes sell vintage stuff too.  How about this old washing machine.


So we have returned home and life is now back to more or less normal.  Be sure to check back next week to see what we are up to now.  And what craft or sewing project I am doing.

And of course come back for Teacup Tuesday. 

1 comment:

Bradford Oliver said...

It's always nice to break out of a routine. I hope you enjoyed the car show. I know it was a whole different experience for you, but I'm hoping you had your fair share of fun. Anyway, that vintage sewing machine really caught my eye. It looks absolutely lovely, and I would really love to spend my time crafting with something similar. Thanks for sharing! :)

Bradford Oliver @ Lacustoms Performance Products