Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Final April Tea Party

The winter seemed long but the year is marching along rather rapidly.  Hard for me to believe it is almost May.
If you look closely you can see all the pretty little violets in the grass.  Actually if you click on the picture you should be able to see it bigger too.  This is just a small section of a large area in my yard.  I always look forward to seeing them each spring!

So. in honor of my violets in the yard I thought I would share pictures of some of my violet tea cups.
I have always loved violets and over the years I have collected tea cups and other tea things.  Here is most of my present collection.

and here are pictures of the individual pieces.

The first is my absolute favorite....  The Royal Albert Provincial Flowers Violet.  I am pretty sure this is the flower of New Brunswick.... where my mother-in-law was from.







The next one I have had for a very long time.  My husband and I were on a trip to New Orleans and stopped in at a little antique shop where I found this next one....  As you can see I even saved the sticker on the bottom to remind me.  That was about 45 years ago!!!!!!

                  The next one is another Royal Albert set but I don't know the name..............







                                            Then here is one from Queen Anne China



                                                   And another from Royal Grafton




                                          In addition I have this small teapot from Adderly....  


and a pretty little handpainted pitcher that was made in Japan.

                                               I hope you enjoyed seeing all the violet sets!

      Next to violets I like Pansies.  Maybe I will show my collection of those another time. Perhaps when I have some growing in my garden.

Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other TeaTime blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.

15 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Loving those violets as well! So very pretty as are your tea sets!! They are so beautiful! Happy spring!!! Nicole

my cup of tea said...

So PRETTY! Love your beautiful tea cups! So happy for spring!
donna

Kim said...

I am salivating at those gorgeous Violet china pretties. Love, love, love the Provincial Violets...how pretty is that!! There is nothing sweeter than the sweet-smelling than violets in the garden. And you have pretty pansy china as well...I can't wait to see what 'pretties' you chat about next week!!

Bernideen said...

Your Royal Albert Violet teacup and saucer is really one of the prettiest I've ever seen. The colors are like authentic Victorian looking. What a fun posting with your other beautiful cups and saucers as well!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A lovely collection of violet teacups, but the provincial one at the top is my favourite.
I must say how much I like the violets in the lawn too.

Martha's Favorites said...

Love these cups. My favorite are the Royal Albert. They are simply stunning. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

The Charm of Home said...

Beth these are really pretty. I love the one with the black it is very striking.
Sherry

Stacey said...

Hi Beth! Thank you for the sweet comment you left about my garden yesterday. You are right, it's all a learning process.

Your tea cups are amazing! I always marvel at the collections some tea drinkers have. Tea cups are little works of art.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beth,
O My!

You have some beautiful pieces there!! Just gorgeous!!

I will be returning your email soon...

Hugs,
Deb

Beth said...

You have quite a collection of violet teacups, Beth. My favorite is the first Royal Albert that you showed. Beautiful!

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
I love your post! Violets are really beautiful on tea cups, and your collection is lovely!
I remember waiting for spring to arrive so I could smell the violets that bloomed in our side yard. I have always loved violets too : )
Hugs,
Terri

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a treat to see your beautiful tea cups. I'm learning so much and having fun on your blog! Sweet hugs, Diane

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow! These are so pretty. I really like the one with the dark background. Stunning.

kitty said...

All your teacups are so pretty with the violets, Beth. I think my favorite one is the one you bought in New Orleans years ago. I'm so impressed with your collection as it's the flower of my birth month.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness...I was just thinking that I need to start looking for lovely violet teacups and maybe a teaset and here you have these stunning teacup and saucer from Royal Albert in violet, along with all the other lovelies!
You've inspired me, hope I'm as lucky, but I doubt it, as here it's more difficult to find them in a store, but maybe on line.
Have a lovely weekend ahead, my friend.
FABBY