Monday, April 21, 2014

Pretty Porcelain from Poland




We are finally able to enjoy the spring as the weather improves. And as the weather gets better we are able to get to some flea markets.      Happily, at a recent market, I spotted this set on one of the tables.



At first I only wanted to take a picture of it to put on my blog but the more I thought about it the more I knew I needed to get it for myself.  And of course you know I did!

I realized, after I bought it, that it probably was a coffee set since the pot was a "coffee pot" style, not a teapot.... and since the cups were so small, perhaps it was for "demi-tasse."  And after checking around the internet I determined it is definitely a coffee pot and demitasse cups and saucers. But what ever it is, I like it and I now own it!!!  (LOL)   The cups could be used at a child's tea party since they are small.
 Here is the set all together in the hutch...........

And below are closeups of the various pieces......


I think the design goes very well with my Royal Albert Old Country Roses as it is very similar.

And here is the mark.





Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other TeaTime blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.



Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.







17 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So pretty!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
I hope you had a lovely Easter. Your coffee set is very pretty and I thought it resembled OCR quite a bit. Nice find! Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

kitty said...

Hi Beth,
What a lovely set you found! Even though it's a coffee pot, I would still use it for tea, and I'm sure you will, too.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A nice coffee set is good to have on hand for company too. A good find Beth.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a darling tea set! It may be a coffee pot, but I put tea in all my pots, no matter what the shape is!
..Nancy

Kim said...

Of course you had to take it home with you!! I love the pretty hutch in which your lovely set is sitting ever so prettily in!!

Terri said...

What a sweet little set! It does look very much like OCR from RA. It is a lovely set and look great on your hutch. Lucky find!
Hugs,
Terri

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your Polish coffee set, it's gorgeous, my cuppa tea!
I love things from Poland, as the two teacups with birds you liked and was a gift from my DD three years ago for my b'day. I also have some glass wear from Poland. Tks for popping to visit sweet lady. Happy Easter.
FABBY

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What a great set you got! I love those large tea pots. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Carrie said...

Very pretty! And nothing says you can't serve tea in a coffee pot if you want to :)

Denise said...

The demitasse cups are cute. Great find!

Karen said...

Oh Beth,
That is a beautiful tea set. I love china from Poland too! It looks so pretty on your shelf. I love to visit you and see your lovely treasures! Thank you for visiting me. Have a wonderful week. Karen

Donna Heber said...

Beth what a fantastic find and to have so many pieces in the same pattern! It does go very nicely with the Royal Albert Old Country Roses. I'm glad you didn't "settle" on just taking a picture of it. Enjoy -

Cindy said...

This is a fabulous coffee set you have found, good eye. I'm all about China and love it from where ever, seems to all look lovely to me.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful set!! Love the floral design on it!! I would not be able to resist buying it for myself either!!

Hugs,
Deb

Rosemary and Thyme said...

What a lovely tea set. Love the flowers on it.

Janet

Denise said...

Oh Beth what a happy and lovely find.To be able to buy it must have been a delight instead of leaving it behind.Thank You for having tea with Me today-Denise