Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring at last



 I think Spring is FINALLY deciding to stay with us.  There may be some lingering snow flurries in the future but the grass is greening up, the bushes are covered with tiny leaf buds and my daffodils, tulips and hyacinths are coming along nicely. I have also noticed the Forsythia beginning to bloom.

So I decided to set up for a springtime tea and to begin my seasonal journal while enjoying a "cuppa."

The tea set itself is a pretty glass set of teapot, sugar and creamer. 


 This teapot is special because it includes the infuser for the lose tea...............................


I decided to use the pretty little hand painted Nippon plate for my sweets. 

And this Colclough hand painted cup and saucer.

 And finally, here is closeup of the garden journal I will be using.   There is a lot to report on already.


Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other TeaTime blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.



Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.

15 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
I'm glad spring has arrived where you live. Flowers popping up in the garden really lifts one's spirits. Your tea set is a cute one and the plate is lovely. Happy Easter and thank you for coming to tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tea in Texas said...

Your tea time table is set so pretty! I love the glass tea set with it's sweet shape. Your blue flowered cup and saucer is a lovely pattern by Colcough! Have fun writing in your garden while taking a gardening break!

Pam

Snap said...

Nice to have spring finally springing! I like your teascape with the glass teapot. Time to work in the garden. Yippee! Happy Tea Day!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hmm, I really like the glass teapot and infuser. I have been gifted with blooming flower tea balls but I don't have a clear teapot to brew them in.

kitty said...

I love the pretty plate and how nicely it goes with the beautiful teacup. I'm glad Spring is arriving for you. Happy Easter!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hi! You have a nice blog, I've enjoyed browsing through it. Thanks for your visit!

Happy Easter!

Katherine

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: We tea pot. It is so very pretty. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Winnie said...

I was excited to see you have the set I have with the teapot, creamer/sugar. I got my online, and love it. Something about the clear glass and the pretty tea! Have a Happy Easter!!

Ruth Weston said...

Hi Beth. Happy spring! Seems to have taken it's time this year, hasn't it? Love your blue and white tablecloth! The china is perfect for spring. The journal is darling! Have a wonderful Easter, and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Princesa Nadie said...

I´m glad meeting you again
Happy Easter
Love

Poppy said...

Hi Beth,

So lovely that Spring has finally shown its pretty face in your neck of the woods! Today, it snowed 5 inches here in Toronto, and along with freezing rain, it looks more like Christmas than Easter!

Your hand painted tea cup and saucer is TOO cute and the Nippon plate complements it very nicely.

Have a wonderful week!

Poppy

Terri said...

Oh that is a fascinating tea set! I love that it is all glass, and that it has it's own strainer. Cool!
Love your Colclough tea cup!
Happy Easter,
Terri

Kim said...

Sounds bliss....journalling all those pretty Spring bulbs, whilst sipping a lovely cuppa from that pretty blue flower cup! I love that tea set; where oh where do you find all these 'pretties' of yours??

The Charm of Home said...

I am glad spring has found you. I thought it was here but the temp has plummeted again! Ugh! Happy Easter!
Sherry

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I love your glass tea set. The blue teacup is so pretty. Thank you for visiting me! Have a very Happy Easter!