Monday, May 12, 2014

a simple tea

   


  A Simple Tea Today....................
                                                                                                                                                        
My tea party today is made up of things that you could put on a tray and take anywhere.  Out on the deck, out in the yard or just onto the dining room table.  To me it doesn't matter "where" you have tea. Just that you have it!



Sometimes it is nice to just have a simple tea, with a few tiny cupcakes to add some sweetness.

Today I have chosen a Royal Albert flower Cup and Saucer.  Don't know the name but it is so pretty.





And here is the mark

Next I used this pretty Paragon plate to hold the dainty little cupcakes....
 and the mark.....
To add to the tea table I have added this tea bag holder
 And some Earl Gray Tea........ Always my favorite...........

And I found this cute little trinket holder to add to the fun.  Although she was made to hold trinkets I don't see why she couldn't have a bit of sugar since this is really just a tea for one..........






Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.

19 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the lemon colored theme! So pretty! xoxo

Tea in Texas said...

Oh so very precious! The yellow flowers on your cup and saucer is wonderful for Spring. The sweet girl trinket box would be perfect for sugar and a great idea. have a lovely week!

Pam

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You're right of course, Beth, it doesn't matter where you have your tea as long as you have it! Your yellow theme is pretty and I always enjoy seeing a RA teacup. Yours is lovely. A cupcake sounds good too. Thank you for coming to tea and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I see a yellow theme here Beth with the teacup (which is lovely) cupcakes and the trinket lady. And yes, tea is anywhere you happen to be when it's that time!

kitty said...

What a sweet tea, Beth. I love how the teacup and plate blend so nicely together. Your little lady is darling and I love the teabag holder, too. I sure could go for a cupcake!

Kim said...

I so agree, anywhere one has a cup of tea in a pretty tea cup is a treat. Love your pretty yellow flowered tea cup....it breathes a Springtime ray of sunshine. Love that tea bag caddy!!

Terri said...

A sweet tea time! Your vintage yellow tea cup is very pretty and fits well with all your other pieces collected. Tea time anywhere anytime is fab!
Hugs,
Terri

Winnie said...

Oh how lovely! The china is so spring like! I love your figurine and how it is usable! I love Earl Grey best. Have you ever tried Stash Double Bergumot? It is a favorite of mine. Thanks for the visit today!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Love the tea cup. Royal Albert tea cups are always so beautiful. My favorite is that lovely lady. It all looks perfect. Blessings, Martha

Kathryn Ross said...

Blessings, Beth! A cheerful teatime with that nice yellow floral cup and Colonial Lady "sugar" holder in matching gown. Yes - sugar is a sweet trinket and she fits perfectly with the teatime. Those cupcakes with that yellow flair in the frosting pull it all together. Very nice, milady!
Joy!
Kathy

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I love your Royal Albert teacup today! I have never seen it before. he Paragon cake plate is gorgeous too! I agree that a simple tea is such a treat too! The figurine that you used as a sugar bowl looks like such a collectible. Your cupcakes look yummy! I love to see your treasures each week! Thank you for visiting me! Karen

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh how sweet, what a lovely setting I love it! Wish I could have tea with you in those gorgeous teacups! I too have that cute teapot silver tea-caddy and I love it!
Hugs,
FABBY

KathyB. said...

I like your teacups , the color is cheerful and I think would brighten any tea time, especially a "simple tea". Simple and quiet tea times are special to me, they are perfect for times when I need to think things out and spend some restful and meditative time over God's word especially.

Weekend-Windup said...

Yellow color flowers makes the cup to looks good. Cup cake makes me feel hungry!

Cindy said...

I like simple, it says get up and go anywhere anytime. Love your yellow tea cup, cute tea bag holder. Thanks for sharing

Nancy's Notes said...


What a beautiful colored theme! Oh, yes indeed! What a beatuful tea setting~

Nancy's Notes said...


What a beautiful colored theme! Oh, yes indeed! What a beatuful tea setting~

Carrie said...

The yellows are so pretty in your simple tea! I think the little lady makes a wonderful sugar bowl and is too cute. Those cupcakes look delicious and are definitely the crowning touch to your tea. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Poppy said...

Hi Beth,

Not sure if the vanilla cupcakes are topped with a lemony icing, but they sure do co ordinate well with the yellow china, which is all very pretty!

Poppy