Monday, May 26, 2014

Tea and gardens



This week  I have been paying attention to the baby robins, which have been born, and are currently being fed by mamma and I think poppa too.  I just looked out at them and Mamma or poppa was there feeding them.  I can't get a decent picture without bothering them so you will just have to imagine.   Their nest is located  in a rhododendron  bush directly above a nice long row of Lily of the the Valleys. This first picture shows one of the other rows of lily of the valley I have along the sidewalk going along one side of my house.  They are so pretty and delicate and smell so good. 
 I have always LOVED the song White Coral Bells!  You can listen to it here if you click on this.

 In honor of those I have brought out one of my lily of the valley teacups and saucers.  It is made by Royal Dover and I think it really shows how pretty and special  lily of the valley is.  My Mother in Law always loved lily's of the valley so I always think of her when I see them or use this cup and saucer.



Here are a few pictures of the cup and saucer including the mark.








I was finally able to get outside and do some work in the yard this week.  And here are a few of the pictures.



 This first picture is an interesting combo.  I had planted a Pink azalea and an Euyonomous ‘Gold Splash’ next to each other and over the years they have grown together.  My neighbor wanted to know what the plant was so he could get one too.....  LOL



I bought some hanging baskets for our porch and a few other places.  Love the big bright cheerful blossoms for the New Guinea Impatiens. 


 We have been able to eat dinner a couple of evening now, on the porch.  So am happy to have such pretty flowers to enhance the atmosphere.


Probably my all time favorite plant for a hanging basket is the Lofos.  I had never seen it before last year but as soon as I got a chance to get another this year I jumped on it.



The plant I had last year ended up growing so long that the stems reached the ground... BEAUTIFUL.

The final picture this week is of a scented geranium.... citronella scented....  in a pot amongst a couple of my fairy houses.   (I know they may look like birdhouses but to me they are fairy houses.... LOL)




Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.

16 comments:

Ruth Weston said...

Hi Beth. I love your garden! Beautiful! Your teacup is perfect. I'd have been asking about the azalea too! I have had "coral"bells, but not white ones. How pretty!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beth, your flowers are lovely! I haven't bought any yet as it's been too cold and rainy. One doesn't feel in the mood with this weather we're having.
Your Lily of the Valley teacup is very pretty. I have often thought of planting the flowers along our walk too but never got around to it. Perhaps you have inspired me now. Thank you for joining me for tea and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth L. said...

Actually Sandi, someone else started the lily of the valley. I just keep encouraging it to spread.

Kim said...

Your porch looks a very pretty place to sit, drink a cup of tea from your Lily of the Valley teacup and enjoy the Spring sunshine.I can't think of a better place in which to build a nest than a rhododendron.

Sylvia said...

Love your garden.Flowers bring much beauty to our lives.

Winnie said...

I love the Lily of the Valley tea cup! Just perfect for sipping in your lovely garden!

Patti said...

Hi, Beth, this is my first visit to your blog. I've come for tea.

First of all, it's funny, when I first saw your teacup, I thought of my own mother-in-law (whom I adore). Then I read on and discovered that lilies of the valley reminded you of your MIL too.

Your flowers are beautiful!! After a long, bleak winter, the colors of spring are so incredibly welcome...as is eating outside on the porch/patio.

Have a lovely day,
Patti

Karen said...

Hi Ruth,
I love your Lily of the Valley teacup. It has such a pretty shape. Your plants are thriving beautifully. In Canada we cannot get the regular Impatiens. Apparently they are diseased but at my little cottage in the U.S. they are still available. I never have much luck with the New Guinea Impatiens lovely. but yours look. Thank you for visiting me. Have a great week! Karen

Kathryn Ross said...

Blessings, Beth! I saw you sharing your Lily of the Valley teacup and had to smile as my Shelley of the same motif is in my post today. My daughter's new house is bursting in Lily of the Valley. The yard had not been cared for in about three years so this spring has seen her and her husband putting a lot of effort into clearing it out and seeing what pops up. She is at a loss as to what to do with the invasive nature of these darling buds of May - but all I can do is remember mama - there were her favorite. And, teatime, too.
Joy!
Kathy

Denise said...

Lovely Lily of the Valley teacup. Very pretty.

kitty said...

Hi Beth,
I love your Lilly of the valley teacup. Isn't it a beauty? Thank you for sharing pics of your pretty plants and also your darling fairy house.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

I just love your beautiful teacup.

My Lily of the Valley (Les Muguets) are twice the growth size as they were last year.

The daughter who gave me that candle and the little vase of flowers gave me the LoV last year, so glad our horrible winter didn't kill it off as it did so many of my roses and two huge trees.

Bernideen said...

I have some Royal Dover teacups in my shop right now and quite a few vintage Lily of the Valley. I love that flower. So glad you joined the link up!!!

My Garden Diaries said...

Oh your flowers are just outstanding! You gave me a chuckle when you said that the two of them had grown together....quite striking if you ask me!!! Wishing you a lovely week ahead! Nicole xo

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a delicate teacup! I planted lily of the valey in the garden and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll have some next year!

Beth L. said...

They should do well. Mine spread every year, even when I give some away