Monday, May 5, 2014

Tea in the Garden


It was a "fine day" for an outdoor tea party.  Well, it would have been if the temps weren't quite so cool!!!  It was sunny though so I decided to set it up anyway.  It is in front of a garden area that has just begun to do its thing with some daffodils.  You can see some Hostas coming up but they have a ways to go.
I chose a few things from my shop to use today.


 I have always loved this rose tea cup from  Canadian Classic.  Don't know about the company but they know how to make a pretty tea cup don't they!  It is definitely one of the cottage or wild roses.  I have a number of them at the end of this garden area but it will be while before they bloom.  They are still barely getting their leaves.




 The sugar and creamer are depression ware.  They are in the "cubist pattern." 


And the tea kettle is one I recently found.  It is copper... and was made in West Germany.


I dearly love this tablecloth.  All the cut work is beautifully done.  Perhaps by machine since it would have taken forever to have done it by hand.  But I do LOVE IT what ever.

Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other TeaTime blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

Be sure to come back next Tuesday for another Tea Party and join me on Thursdays or Fridays for my project updates.

14 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Very gratifying for me to see a teacup 'made in Canada' and it's a pretty one in a delicate pink shade with roses.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Wonderful finds - the tea kettle is exquisite and special because there is no longer a West Germany! I have a few items marked West Germany too! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty teacup; perfect cottage style! It's way too cool for an outdoor tea here. We're getting snow flurries, of all things, right now. I like the tea kettle. I used to have a copper kettle and gave it away when we moved into our present home. Oh, the tea things I have parted with over the years! Thanks for joining me for tea and enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Parsimonious Perfection said...

I love that you have shared a closeup of each of your elements, darling table; I agree the tablecloth is so beautiful!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I love your outdoor garden party. Oh my, those chairs and table cloth are gorgeous!!! The colour is beautiful! Your teacup and depression glass cream and sugar are so pretty too! Thank you for visiting me! Have a wonderful week! Karen

kitty said...

What a lovely tea that you've set up outside today, Beth. The teacup is such a pretty pattern and I love your creamer and sugar mix have that same pattern, only in the clear glass. Your copper tea kettle is a treasure, as is the gorgeous table cloth.

Kim said...

Those chairs of yours.....they are gorgeous. It won't be long till you are sitting out in the warm sunshine, amongst the pretty daffodils hosting tea parties. Love the sugar and creamer and that tablecloth, 'tis beautiful. The workmanship in that pretty is stunning!!

Bernideen said...

Your vintage topper is wonderful. I also love each of the pieces you are using and that pretty cup and saucer. Just being outdoors is so special!

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
This is a lovely tea with your Canadian rose tea cup. It is such a sweet vintage pattern. The depression glass is lovely as well as that unique German tea kettle!
Hopefully soon your temps will be more comfortable for tea out doors.Here it is hit and miss. We are warmer, but often have rain or winds...or both! lol!
Hugs,
Terri

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Beth,
What a lovely tea outdoors! Your teacup is so pretty and goes so well with the tablecloth and chairs. Hopefully we will get some warm weather soon, so I can enjoy tea time outdoors again.
Hugs, Nancy

Martha's Favorites said...

Love your post today. Your sugar and creamer maybe Fostoria. I love them. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. Blessings, Martha

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beth,
Sorry that I did not get back to you sooner....I will be sending an email this morning....
Thanks so much for your visit!!

What a sweet teascape and a lovely tea cup!!

I wish the temps were a bit warmer too! I have been working out in the back yard...

Hugs,
Deb

Beth said...

A nice area to have tea - if the weather cooperates! :) I love the pink teacup - stunning! Love your depression glass too. Have a great day, Beth!

Linda said...

HI Beth,
I am here from Sandi's Rose Chintz Cottage. I believe your teacup might be Alberta's Wild Rose. I think I have one with this pattern. Isn't it gorgeous? Tea always taste so much more delicious in a wonderful teacup such as yours.
Linda at Beautiful Ideas