Monday, June 23, 2014

A Day at the Flea Market



We spent the past weekend in the Syracuse area attending a high school graduation, a dance recital, a graduation party and last but not least one of our favorite flea markets...

It is always an interesting mix of old and new, produce, flowers,  vintage and antique items, food, coffee and a few TEA THINGS.  Actually I have to hunt for the the tea things but I almost always find some and this week was no exception.

To begin I found a pansy tea pot.... no I didn't buy it.  I hesitated and lost out when I went back and it was gone... OH well. I did get the picture.  Maybe I will find another one some day.  Besides, if I bought every cup and saucer and tea pot I found at all the flea markets we attend I would be broke have to buy a new house that was big enough to hold them all.


I saw this cute little set but they weren't in that good of shape so didn't get them.  I did enjoy seeing them as they were unusual and I had never before seen ones like them.
 This is the saucer. 
There were no marks on them.


I found this mustache cup.  I imagine our Tea Cup Tuesday friend Martha would  like it and probably would have bought it......................




Here is a pretty little tea cup set with roses.  I though Sandi when I saw this one.


And a simple tea set..

This unusual Brown Betty was nice but DIRTY as the picture shows.  I imagine all cleaned up it would have been good.  I didn't buy this one ....


But I did buy this one................
 I admit to being a sucker for the Brown Betty style teapots.


 I was surprised a bit when I read the mark.  I had sort of expected it to be from Japan.

And finally here was a grouping of cups and saucers that I did not buy but if you look at the back corner you will see a cream and sugar set I did buy.

And here it is, up close....

I thought those forget-me-nots were so sweet.  I think I might have a tea cup that goes with it out in my shop somewhere.


Thanks for joining me  today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.



















19 comments:

Bernideen said...

I just adore Forget Me Nots and I think you found a wonderful cream and sugar set! So glad you shared them with Tea In The Garden!

kitty said...

I love the teapot and the cream and sugar that you bought. Thanks for sharing some of the goodies at the sale.

Kim said...

Oh my...what a wonderful weekend you have had. I can never resist any china with a forget-me-not pattern. Love, love, love the Brown Betty teapot with the pretty blue....I would love to have that one sitting on my dresser!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your cream and sugar are adorable, Beth! Those flowers are just so sweet! I don't have a Brown Betty teapot and it's nice that yours was made in England. I love the blue one. It's quite different, isn't it? Thanks for giving us a peek at all the goodies and joining me for tea. Have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

So many different choices; how fun. I like your pick of the Tea Pot and the cream and sugar.

Ruth Weston said...

A great collection of photos. Great items! The "Brown Betty" you did buy has a design style called Corlalene with the applied enamel dots. Very popular 1920s-1940s. Neat! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Mom Wald said...

I stopped by to say "hi" this Tea Cup Tuesday, but I cannot keep my eyes off of your pansy sugar and creamer from LAST Tea Cup Tuesday!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You found some great new tea things, especially the Brown Betty teapot. That's all my mother would ever use but hers was a plain brown one.

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
How I would love to visit New York. The shops there must be delightful. The cream and sugar and pretty Brown Betty were great finds. I must be selective too now because my cupboards are full. Thank you for visiting me. Happy Summer! Karen

Carrie said...

Great finds! That teapot is terrific--I didn't know they were called Brown Betty teapots--something to google! Those flower shaped teacups and saucers were very different and cool--thanks for sharing them.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: You lucky lady. What great shops you visited. You are right, I love that mustache cup, very cute. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Susan Clayton said...

Love seeing what's out there . I had the same thoughts looking at your photos - interesting but not coming home with me. I WOULD have wanted to bring home the Brown Betty because it looks like one I remember my Grands having. And the sugar and creamer I'd have wanted also - too cute for words.

Poppy said...

Hi Beth,

It's nice to have a whirlwind weekend, once in a while, isn't it? Your new treasures are very unique; have never seen saucers like this!

Have a wonderful week!

Poppy

Mrs.T said...

Love your sugar and creamer! I adore forget-me-nots; such a gorgeous color. I also liked the pansy teapot that you did not buy.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beth,
So many pretty things in this post!! I love all of them!

Bloomsburg did suffer quite a blow in 2011 with flooding and I am sure it is still recovering. West Pittston still has homes that have not been touched. They are now trying to get a levee built there even though after Agnes they did not want it as they wanted to see the beauty of the river!! Well, unfortunately , they got to see that beauty in their Living Rooms!!
So many beautiful old Victorian homes were ruined with the flooding there. Many areas here were bought out by the government and no one will be allowed to built there again and I think that is as it should be.

Some day , if Joe and I ever find time, i would love to visit your shop.....

I can't remember if you saw my Country Folk posts. It is right off of 80 at the Nescopeck exit. A great place to visit especially at Christmas!!

Hugs,
Deb

Hugs,
Deb

Lady Linda said...

i love flea markets, estate sales,garage sales...so I really enjoyed your blog post. I think Brown Bettys are just great teapots!
I have a thing for Forget Me Nots, so love your cream and sugar.
Fun post.
Linda

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Olá, Beth,

suas porcelanas são lindas!!

beijos,

Lígia e =^.^=

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Beth,

Gostamos da sua presença bonita em nosso blog.

Quando puder e se quiser, volte!!

Ficaremos felizes!!

Tenha uma ótima semana,

beijinhos,

Lígia e =^.^=

Tassell, Tea pot, and life down under said...

Hi Beth, I would have love to visit that market. As you can see I am an addict to these things too. That tea pot you both is somehow unique and the colour is subdued. Not too showy. I never heard of moustache tea cup, it does look a little strange. Thanks for your visit and no I won't stop now, coz I didn't really want to miss anything ����
Enjoy your week

Aida