Monday, June 9, 2014

A fairy tea party and a trip to some sales


Just a  quick little tea party today for the fairies in my garden.





This week I have been busy chasing around to sales to find things for my shop and below you will see some of the things I saw.  I also spent a lot of time in my gardens since the weather was wonderful and of course I tended to my shop.   soooooo.........  That is why the tea party part of this post is so "mini."



 .  I want to share a couple of things I have seen lately at the sales.
These pretty little cups and saucers were sitting on a table at a sale and I had wanted to buy them.  However someone beat me to it.... she did let me take pictures so I could share.  They had such lovely scenes painted on them.....

I was pretty sad that I didn't get them.   They were made in Japan and here is the mark.
I saw a few other things but NOTHING tempted me.  I did take their pictures though to share so you can see what it out there.

A yellow tea pot.........
 a modern looking tea set.......
And here a violet tea cup and saucer someone has filled with plastic violets.  If I had bought it they would have had to go but it was "cute."  And at the very least caught my eye!!

I hope I will be able to have a nice outdoor tea party again next week but it depends on what is happening in my life.

Thanks for joining me  today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

17 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Your little fairy tea is very cute! I love the teacups with the scenery! How beautiful they are. I'm sorry you didn't get them. Thank you for joining me for tea and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Deborah Montgomery said...

I'm sure the fairies so appreciate you! Too bad you missed getting those teacups, they're beautiful!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Beth, your miniature garden is delightful. A shame you missed out on the teacups but I'm sure they've gone home with another tea lover. At least we got to see your photos of them.

Snap said...

Your fairy tea is too cute ... love the mini tea set. You saw some lovely things. Too bad you didn't get those lovely teacups. I don't have any with a scene and I swoon when I see them! Happy Tea Day!

Tea in Texas said...

Beth,you have a wonderful touch of creating this fairy garden! Your sweet mini tea set is just the perfect size for the fairies. I love you have been shopping this week and thanks for sharing your finds. I love shopping estate sales, garage sales and thrift stores. Hope you have a great week in your garden!

Pam

Ruth Weston said...

Your fairy garden tea is so cute! Love it. Nice finds as well. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

kitty said...

Too bad about not getting to the teacups first, Beth. They do have such pretty scenes. Your mini garden tea is darling. I'm sure the fairies will visit it.

Kim said...

Even the fairies in your garden enjoy a tea party...how very sweet!! Oh those scenery teacups, I would be crying a river at the loss of those beauties!!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a sweet fairy garden, and they like tea too! Those teacups are so beautiful, never seen any like them. Hopefully you will find some like them soon!
Nancy

Carrie said...

Your fairy tea garden is so cute. You found such a wonderful tiny set for your local fairies to use. That is such a shame about those beautiful teacup and saucer sets! I'd be sad too.

Bernideen said...

So glad you shared those amazing cups and saucers and hand painted - can you imagine! What a fun and interesting post and so glad you shared it!

Poppy said...

Hi Beth,

The lavender teacup and saucer is my favourite among all your little treasures and it looks lovely filled with flowers. So dainty and sweet!

Poppy

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Such richly painted teacups. Loved seeing your tea post and the tea time fairy garden.
Joy

KathyB. said...

I love browsing sales that have some interesting things up for grabs. Sometimes I am relieved to find they've sold because even though I'd have gladly bought some tempting treasures or trinkets, I really don't need anything else, my cupboards are full. Still, I would have bought the teacups you missed out on too, they're lovely .

I love your fairy garden , my granddaughters & I spend a lot of time making fairy gardens.

Cindy said...

For me it has been a fairy week in the garden, you are so right the weather finally has gotten to the point where I spent most of the week just puttering. I love the fairy tea set and have been looking for one to put into my new garden fairy tea. It was nice of her to let you take pictures, so right these are lovely tea cups and saucers, too bad you didn't get to them first, oh well.
Have a wonderful weekend

Donna Heber said...

Your fairy garden is so beautiful Beth. I created one a few years ago. Those scenic teacups and saucers look so unique. Sorry you weren't quite quick enough :-)

Schotzy said...

I love the fairy set, too... now that Im a Granny, I am charmed by all things fairy... I cant want til our little one will be able to appreciate them!