Monday, June 30, 2014

A Simple Summer Tea



This week I thought it would be nice to have a simple tea out on the deck.
 I found a few interesting things in my collection to share with you.

The cup and saucer are a pretty little one from Royal Albert.  It doesn't have a name on the bottom. I may have shown it to you before.


I found this sweet little Shelley Creamer recently so I will use it.  I don't have the sugar unfortunately.
According to the mark the name of the flower is Campanula. 
 I have had them in my garden in the past but none this year
And to use for serving I chose a "CELERY SET" that I put to an entirely different use.   You can find these sets that were often made in Japan.  The "set" is comprised of a plate for the celery and little "salts" for use in "dipping" the celery into.  I decided the set would be perfect to hold my sweet little flower brownies (from my local bakery) and the "salts" can be used to hold the used tea bags.


I picked several different teas. One is called raspberry thriller.  I bought a box of it when I was last in Canada.  The other two (Earl Grey and Rosebud) were gifts.

Finally, today,  here is a picture of my "Wave pansies."  Even though the temperatures are heating up here they are still doing great.  They are in a shaded area and I give them lots of water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

15 comments:

Bernideen said...

I am not so sure that comment worked so I will do it again. Your table is lovely. I think your cup and saucer is lovely too!

Kim said...

A celery set?? I have never heard of such a thing. This pretty set looks so much prettier with your little brownies resting on it. Love that Shelly milk jug.

Tea in Texas said...

What a lovely way to set a tea time with your sweet Royal Albert cup and saucer! The pretty yellow flowers with the stippled yellow rim is wonderful for a summer tea time. Your celery set is so precious and I like the idea of using the tray for a treat and the salts for a tea bag holder so clever! I will be on the hunt for a set, too!
Have a great week!

Pam

Ruth Weston said...

Your celery set repurpose is perfect! I love the ses, and it's always fun to come up with new uses for things that have passed out of use! Love the teacup, and of course I love the Shelley creaer! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

The celery set is interesting and works oh so perfect for your brownies and tea bags! Love the tea cup you have shared and the creamer as well. Hope someday you will find the matching sugar to go with it. ;0)

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Hello Beth, your tea is quite lovely! Those brownies look delicious - I am delighted to share that your post will be featured in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely tea, Beth! The celery set is really cute and would come in handy for many things. Your Shelley creamer is adorable and RA teacup is always perfect for a tea time. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Happy 4th of July!

Blessings,
Sandi

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
Your Royal Albert teacup is very pretty and that Shelley creamer is lovely too! I have never seen a Japanese Celery dish before. How sweet! I hope you have a wonderful July 4th! Karen

kitty said...

I love your pretty teacup, Beth, and the creamer is wonderful, too. I've never heard of a celery set, but I love how you've repurposed it for serving your brownies.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your yellow and green teacup is pretty Beth and a celery set is new to me as well. It's nice to use dishes meant for something else, otherwise they could sit in the china cabinet waiting for their turn to shine.
The creamer is sweet, I have lots of campanula in my garden and enjoy the little bell flowers.

Martha's Favorites said...

That yellow tea cup is beautiful. I love your celery set. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a lovely tea! I have never heard of a celery set, but what you are using it for is perfect for tea time! Your teacup is so pretty and a fun selection of tea!
Nancy

Kathryn Ross said...

Oh - I do love a nice yellow shade in a teacup - though I have only a couple to my name. So bright and cheerful! But your celery set initially caught my eye - the salter's fluted edging sort of looked like painted seashells. Great re-purposing idea. And, the daisy brownies look too tempting by halves!!
Joy!
Kathy

Carrie said...

Beth: I really like your pretty little tea this week. The Shelley creamer is so pretty and delicate. I've never heard of celery and salt dishes--I swear there is a dish for everything! Great ideas for new ways to use them. Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

Parsley said...

Visiting all the facebook 'prim stitchers' as I can. Following now!