Monday, July 21, 2014

A cottage tea party

This week I thought I would feature a couple of tea things that are decorated with cottages.  I have a collection of cottages including a number of David Winter cottages.  So since I love those it was natural to find and purchase some tea things featuring cottages.  So this week here are a couple.

I decided to make my usual favorite Earl Gray and get some pretty little cupcakes from the bakery.

This teacup and saucer are from Royal Albert.... always a favorite of mine.
I love the details of the cottages on this set.


And here is the mark.  There is no name included.

     The teapot is from Arthur Wood and Son and featured a pretty little thatched roof cottage.


 And here is the pretty little plate I chose to hold the cupcakes.  It is also Royal Albert and is called Minuet.   So delicate looking.








And finally today I wanted to show off the vintage tea cozy I bought quite a while ago because it had my initial on it.   Ok, so I probably would have bought it no matter the initial.  I really like it.



Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

During the summer months some of these may be on vacation. But check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

20 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Love the cottage tea set! It really reminds me of plates that my mom has! Lovely indeed! Happy week to you!

My Garden Diaries said...

Love the cottage tea set! It really reminds me of plates that my mom has! Lovely indeed! Happy week to you!

Mom Wald said...

Good Morning Beth! What a lovely group you have. I spotted that vintage tea cozy immediately, and then was drawn to your lovely china. Such a nice collection of pieces!

Sylvia said...

Love your cottage china and the cozy.

Ruth Weston said...

That is a perfect design on the china to complement the David Winter cottages. How cute!
Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Two Cottages And Tea said...

I love your cottage teapot and teacup! I have a teapot almost like yours. So perfect to use in summertime! I would have bought that lovely tea cozy, too! They are hard to find around here!
Nancy

kitty said...

I love cottage scenes, too, Beth, and I'm going to be on the lookout for them. Your pieces are so pretty and I love your vintage tea cozy, too.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I love those cottage patterns. I have one (actually it's my daughter's but I borrow it a lot!)and it's a favorite. Love the teapot too. I just think the cottage scenes look so cozy and comfy, perfect for tea. And I do like that tea cozy as well -- I would have got it even if the initial was not mine, but how nice it worked out for you!

Martha's Favorites said...

I love cottage items. I have a few tea pots that are cottage shaped. Love how everything looks. Perfect for summertime. Blessings, Martha

Kim said...

So many pretties oozing cosiness. Love the cottagey teapot!!

Amy at love made my home said...

Such a lovely tea time!! Your pieces with the cottages on are so lovely and unlike any that I have seen before. xx

xinex said...

I love your tea things with cottages. So pretty!....Christine

Schotzy said...

Love the Cottage tea set as well.... if I had room to store one more pattern, that would definitely be one to collect! Thanks for the sweet comment on my Sky over Maine post... I am honored you took time to visit my blog!!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
Your cottage tea set is so lovely today. I always use a tea cozy and yours is very pretty. Thank you for visiting me and hope you have a wonderful week! Karen

KathyB. said...

Your collection pieces are very nice and I love the tea cozy. It has my initial on it too !

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh my, do I adore beautiful RA English dishes such as yours!
Gorgeous cottage teaset...swoonnn
FABBY

Carrie said...

Pretty cottages! Royal Albert is one of my favorites too--half the time I really like a set, it turns out it was a Royal Albert pattern. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Beth
Aww I love a tea party - thank you for your invitation!
Such beautiful tea cups - such pretty thatched roofed cottages.

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog too.
I'm now following you.
Hugs
Shane

Poppy said...

The teapot is adorable, Beth! What a fun collection of cute cottages!

Poppy

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I love tea parties because I love tea so much. Your cottage set is lovely. I love the vintage tea cozy, so pretty, I can't say I've seen them before. It was sweet of you to stop by and let me know you liked my vintage dish lid towel holders! Have you found any yet!