Monday, July 28, 2014

Tea Cups and Wild Animals

This week on Tea Cup Tuesday I am doing something a bit different.  As you all must know by now I run an antique and collectible shop.  One of the big sellers is Tea Cups and other tea related things.  I have a LOT because I buy for myself too.  I have too many to count in my personal collection but a lot more in the shop.

So I thought I would share a few today.  I have been pretty busy lately and decided I wouldn't be able to do a tea party justice.  So this is what I am sharing this week.




 This is a pretty display shelf.  I did have two filled but sold the other one so this is the only  one I have  left.


My husband made this black show case for me.  I use to carry it to shows... so it folds up.  Now it just sits on a shelf and is brimming with tea cups, saucers, creamers and what have you.



These cups and saucers are Fire King.  I bought them from an Amish Lady who said she remembered her mother getting them in cereal boxes.  A similar set with the roses was shown on a tea party last week.

So there you have a lot of the cups and saucers from my shop but by no means all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have also had a busy week in our yard................................
Lots of wild visitors.  Our house backs up on to some woods and fields beyond and you never know what critters will pass by.

Here is a Wild Turkey at the Base of the Bird Feeder.
And next we had a raccoon visiting up by the shed.
And finally some deer.  The mom and her two little ones following her every where.  They did a lot of jumping and running.  Just having youthful fun I imagine.  We have a number of apple trees on the property and now that the baby apples have started to appear they show up for some treats.






In the past we have had Bears visit too but don't have any current (thankfully) pictures of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

During the summer months some of these may be on vacation. But check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

13 comments:

Bernideen said...

I just love a display of cups and saucers. Your look lovely and I enjoyed your wildlife too!

Ruth Weston said...

It's so fun when you have unexpected garden visitors! So cute! Love all the teacups, of course! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Two Cottages And Tea said...

How fun to have all those teacups and a place to display them. I sure wish they still had teacups in cereal boxes, I would be eating more cereal! Love seeing your visitors! We live in the woods and have lots, too!
Nancy

Kim said...

Be still my beating heart!! So many pretty tea cups to salivate over!! Such cute critters coming to say hello to you...the deer are so pretty!!




















Connie said...

Hello Beth, I am so happy to meet you and to become your newest follower. Your china collection is incredible and you have them displayed so pretty. I have a collection of tea cups and saucers, but I have down sized since my move to a small cottage bungalow this spring. I saved my three favorite tea pots and decided that I would give out the rest of my collection to my daughter, granddaughters and nieces. Then when I'm long gone they will have a tea pot to remember me by :)
I would love to have you visit my blog and to follow me back . . . I so enjoy making new blogging friends.
Have a lovely day.
Connie :)

Mom Wald said...

Yay, there is the blue flowered Fire King Cup! It is so nice to have a Handy Hubby. I have one too, lucky us.

xinex said...

Beautiful display of teacups, Beth. Love the deer photo too....Christine

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I didn't know that you had a shop. I would love to visit it. If you comment on my blog can you tell me where it is located? The shelf that your hubby made would be perfect for me to display my pretties at home. Thank you for visiting me. Have a wonderful week. Karen

Kristin_Texas said...

The deer are beautiful!

We have a few here as well, but unfortunately... they see our rose trees as candy. I guess that to a deer the phrase "too pretty to eat" doesn't exist. ;o)

Kristin

Martha's Favorites said...

I have always wanted to own my own shop. I think I might be a little to old now for all the work. Yours looks wonderful. Would love to get a close peek at all those tea cups. Hugs, Martha

kitty said...

What a pretty display of tea cups, Beth. I enjoyed seeing all the wildlife that visits your yard, too.

Carrie said...

Wow--so many cups and saucers! I also saw some creamers and sugars--all sorts of good stuff! Great visitor pictures. I back up to woods, but I don't see much other than deer--but even them I haven't seen since summer began. Wonderful picture of the fawns. Have a great week :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a beautiful piece for displaying the lovely teacups, Beth!
Adorable unexpected guests in your garden, they're all so cute and the shots are fabulous!
Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY