Monday, July 14, 2014

Teacup Tuesday

In my May26th post  I showed this picture of a new favorite hanger plant...  Lofos. 
Well here we are, a little over a month later, and look at it now.  It will soon take over my yard.... LOL
 And here is a Wild Turkey that came to visit our bird feeders a week or so ago.  She is huge.  I was so far away I didn't get as good a picture as I wanted.
We have been away from home this past week at a Bluegrass Festival.  I may talk about our week in another post.  But while I didn't prepare a tea party for you I found a few tea things at a flea market I attended during our trip to the festival.
      I did not buy any of these but thought they were pretty.  Actually I already have almost a full set of the red transfer ware...  English Scenes.  But took the picture anyway.  I know there are several participants in  Tea Cup Tuesday that often feature this and similar patterns.  The two in the back look to be smaller and a bit different.  I forgot to check the marks.  I only did it for the front one. (That is the one like I have several of.)

 and here is the mark.  I thought it was interesting that it was made for a store in Philadelphia. 
 Since I live in Pennsylvania this makes good sense.


Here is pretty tea cup from Tuscan Fine English Bone China.  I liked the delicate design.  

Here is the Tuscan Mark.

And finally I saw these plates and of course immediately though of Sandi from Rose Chintz Cottage.   I thought she would enjoy seeing them.


Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

13 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Oh yes, I'm always happy to see Rose Chintz! I love the red transferware too; such a pretty pattern! Your plant is doing really well and I like how it cascades down the tree. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Have a lovely Summer, Beth!

Blessings,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your plant must be getting the TLC it requires from you Beth. Isn't it something how we all think of Sandi when we see Rose Chintz china, it will always be reminder of her for me.
The red transferware teacups are nice and probably gone to a good home.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Joy said...

Your plant is so pretty. And, oh, I wish I had been with you to buy those pretty teacups!

Deborah Montgomery said...

I love red transferware, too. Your plant looks beautiful climbing up the tree trunk.

kitty said...

Your plant is just so pretty, Beth! I love red transferware and also the other pretty teacup that you shared. Yes, Rose Chintz reminds me of our dear Sandi,,too. Happy Tea Day!

Kim said...

I wouldn't mind if that pretty plant overtook my yard...it is lovely. Yet again, some lovely china....love, love, love that pretty chintz plate. I haven't seen this one before.

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I love all of your featured china today. That Tuscan teacup is beautiful and transferware is always such a treasure! I am collecting Johnson Brother's Rose Chintz after seeing how beautiful it is on Sandi's blogspot. Have a lovely holiday! Thank you for visiting me!
Karen

Bernideen said...

Oh - what lovely dishes. And that Tuscan cup and saucer was a real bargain as it is hand painted! I love the transferware too! Also, it was fun to see the turkey and your lovely plant!

Carrie said...

It sounds like you had a good time! The mark on that red transferware is neat with how it says it was made for that place in Philly. I hope you have a great week :)

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: I would have picked up that red transfer ware so fast. That is my latest tea cup fetch. Your plant is stunning. Blessings, Martha

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Your plant must be very content at your home! So pretty. Love the red transfer ware! I never tire of looking at them!
Nancy

Faith Hope Cherrytea said...

Luving the red teacups! and recognized the teaplates from Sandi's teatimes too - always fun to find teacups and china in our travels.
I bet the Bluegrass Festival was a joy! HapPy Weekending...

Poppy said...

Lofos, which means 'hill', in Greek, is certainly living up to its name in your garden, Beth!

Lovely treasures at the flea market; love the Tuscan teacup!

Poppy