Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Simple Little blueberry tea





Today I am having a simple tea party featuring some blueberry flavored tea and some blue berry scones!  Blueberries always make me think of Maine where we lived for many years.  I particularly love the wild blueberries though they are hard to find in other places.  High bush blueberries have to suffice.





 I chose this pretty little handpainted Colclough cup and saucer because of the pretty blue flowers.
  
Here is a close up.....

 And here is the mark.




To hold the scones I have this wonderful glass compote with handpainted flowers on the edge.  I really treasure this and it will NEVER see the inside of my shop.



IT was very hard to photograph but here are three pictures of it.  



 This is the closeup of the painting on the border.  It is so dainty.  I love it.
 

Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

During the summer months some of these may be on vacation. But check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

7 comments:

Poppy said...

Hi Beth,

I so enjoyed this simple, little blueberry tea, as I love scones, with fresh, clotted cream of course, and a hot cup of tea to complement it all! My, how pretty and elegant is the border on your compote, indeed. Thanks for sharing your lovely tea party with us!

Have a wonderful week!

Poppy

Sylvia said...

I love the border painting on your compote!

Kim said...

I can taste those delicious blueberry scones all the way down here. Love the pretty tea cup, 'tis so dainty and as for your gorgeous compote...'tis exquisite.

Bernideen said...

Beth:
That is a lovely cup and saucer with the pretty blue flowers and your glass piece is wonderful! So glad you shared them at Tea In The Garden!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Tea and scones make for a wonderful tea time! Such a pretty teacup and compote!
Nancy

Winnie said...

Beautiful tea cup and love the cake stand, it is so elegant, and the edge is so pretty. Those scone look delicious!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I wish I was there to share your blueberry tea with you! :-)