Monday, August 25, 2014

Traveling Notes



    In my last blog post I "served up" Blueberry Scones.  That was actually in anticipation of our annual trip north to the land of wild blueberries (the best in my opinion.)  They are always being harvested at the time we are there so we can always find plenty to bring home.  I DID in fact.... a 5 pound box which I was able to separate and pack into 17 one cup freezer bags for future use.... for scones, muffins, and other treats during the year!

     We are now back home from two weeks of traveling in Maine and New Brunswick.  Besides happily visiting friends and family I managed to get to a few flea markets.  I did actually buy a few things for myself and a few things for my shop.  But I also took a LOT of pictures some of which I will share with you today. There will be more as time goes on.
   
    This first group is primarily from two of the flea markets we always go to in Searsport, Maine.

 The first table I found had a variety of tea things.
.

 I enjoyed seeing them but the prices were a little steep so I only bought the little OCR teapot in the middle to add to my own collection of OCR which is ever expanding.   Here is a closeup.

I also took a closeup picture of the other teapot though I didn't purchase it.  I hope someone else found it to their liking that day.


 Once again I thought of Martha from Martha's Favorites when I found these mustache cups.   Quite a variety I thought.  Since I don't collect them I left them for someone else.
Next I found this Nova Scotia Tartan cup and saucer. It is my favorite of all the Canadian Provincial Tartans.  I forgot to find out the maker of this particular teacup.  I have never been to Nova Scotia but it on my list. 


And finally for this day I saw these pretty Made in Japan items.  A cup (mug?) and a sugar bowl.  
I actually saw lots of non tea items that day as well and took lots of pictures.  My favorite was this bird feeder made out of a glass luncheon set.  I though it was pretty cute.  I have some of these luncheon sets  so may try to make one in the future.  The people that had this on their table make a lot of interesting goodies out of old glassware.  I always like to visit their table to find out what new ideas they have come up with this year.


I have lots more pictures to share and will do that in the coming weeks.  I hope you enjoyed seeing the things I shared today.



     Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

During the summer months some of these may be on vacation. But check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

9 comments:

Ruth Weston said...

Lots of fun things! Blueberries are the best! Wish the fresh season lasted all year! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
Ruth

Tea in Texas said...

Love blueberries and scones plus you were so lucky to find all of your treasures. Aren't zip lock bags great. Keep up you treasure hunting.
Be blessed,
Pam

Snap said...

What fun! It's a lot of fun to look -- isn't it?!!! Love blueberried! Happy Tea Day!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Lots of interesting treasures and I'm glad you brought home something for yourself.

kitty said...

I love seeing all the interesting things that you find while thrifting. The darling bird feeder is so adorable. I have some sets, too, and I love that idea.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your OCR teapot with the cute tea setting on top. It's adorable! The bird feeder is pretty cute too.
Sounds like you and I may have been in NB at the same time again this year. My father was born and brought up in Nova Scotia so we have been there many times over the years since there is still family living there. They had a family picnic on the weekend but I didn't make it this year. It's been a very busy Summer at our house. Thank you for joining me for tea and have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

xinex said...

Lovely tea things! So many petty things to enjoy...Christine

Martha's Favorites said...

You are so right! I would have love the Mustache Cups, especially the one that reads PRESENT. Too cute. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Have a get week. Blessings, Martha

Deborah Montgomery said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! I would love to visit there some day. My absolute favorite was the tartan cup. Love it! And the little bird feeder is such a cute idea. My pesky squirrel would love it -- haha!