Monday, September 15, 2014

Lots and Lots of Tea Cups and Saucers!


 Our annual trip to New Brunswick always includes a visit to a HUGE annual flea market in Sussex.  We have actually been attending that flea market for well over 20 years.  We use to go when we still lived in Maine and continue to now that we live in Pennsylvania.  Just a bit longer of a drive.

One thing I can ALWAYS count on is seeing LOTS AND LOTS of cups and saucers!!


 Lots of variety in these first two groupings!




 The middle grouping in this picture of cups and saucers were ALL Shelley.  I don't know what the back ones were.As usual they were pretty pricey for my pocket book so didn't get any.  But do love looking at them.



And here are some miscellaneous makers.  This is where I found my lily of the valley cup and saucer set I showed you last week.


 I actually only bought 2 cups and saucers at the entire flea market.  I like to think it is my extreme will power....  Don't know for sure but I DID behave.

So if you needed cups and saucers this was the place to be!!!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

They may not be available every week, we sure to check!

Hope you will visit them too.

13 comments:

Ruth Weston said...

Caught my eye! I would have loved to have been there! Saw many I have, and many I probably would have picked up! You can never have too many...or at least I tell myself that! Lol! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, so many pretties, Beth! I spied four of my patterns there including the one I shared this week. What fun you must have at those flea markets. Thanks for stopping by and joining me for Tea Time.

Blessings,
Sandi

kitty said...

Ooh Beth, what lovely teacups you've share with us. I would've loved the shamrock teacup. I only have mugs and I've been wanting one like that.

Kim said...

Be still my beating heart!! Beth you are a tease, all these gorgeous pretties are just a li'l too much for my poor ole heart to bear! You are a lady of strong will power. Me thinks that quite a few of those gorgeous Shelley pretties would have made the journey home with me!!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You can be sure everyone who reads this post will be checking to see what they already have and what they would have chosen for themselves. So many pretty patterns!

Deborah Montgomery said...

I don't know a lot about china manufacturers and prices, but I have noticed the Shelley ones always cost way more than the others. So many pretties, it must have taken some willpower to resist!

Jill said...

So many cups and saucers, especially Shelley's, make for some delicious eye candy. Thank you for sharing.

Martha's Favorites said...

So proud of you! I don't know if I could have had that much control. I love the Shelly's. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Blessings, Martha

Mom Wald said...

OMGoodness! I spied Sandi's Rosedale cup too. How fun is that?

Jann Olson said...

Wow, so many lovelies in one place! I would have a hard time picking just one. I did spy a yellow wheat one which matches my collection of wheat dishes. Sounds like a very fun adventure! Happy to be a new follower.
hugs,
Jann

Karen said...

Oh Beth,
How I wish I could have joined you there! I see Sandi's Aynsley teacup from this week amongst all of the other beauties! You certainly do have willpower girl! I can't wait to see which two you bought. Thanks for visiting me. Happy Tea Day! Karen

Liz Hockamier said...

I don't think that I could stopped at just 2. So many to choose from! :)
~Liz

Bernideen said...

Wow - I was really amazed at those displays of cups and saucers. Thank you for sharing at Tea In The Garden.