Monday, October 13, 2014

.Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I posted  this a couple of years ago but thought it would be good to repost now since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month once again.   And since I am still without the use of my right hand while it is still in the cast..............................  To  update this.....  I am getting along pretty well in spite of the cast.  Just slows me down bit.  We even went camping last week so I could attend a car show with my husband.  I will show a few pics of that next week.

For this week, since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month I thought I would show something with pink as a dominant color.  As a Breast Cancer Survivor for 12 years now I think this is a VERY important month!  However, don't forget all the other cancer's that folks suffer with have "causes" that may not be as well "supported."    Remember them and support them as well.... (Enough said... I will get off my little soapbox.)






While at a flea market  my husband found and later surprised me with this beautiful cup, saucer and plate set.  It is from a company I have not heard much about.... Royal Chelsea. 

 

Royal Chelsea was produced by New Chelsea China Co Ltd Longton. Staffordshire Potteries from about 1943 to 1961. 

 
    I think they make stunningly beautiful china so I will certainly be on the lookout for MORE!!!









 When I checked out the marks on these pieces I learned that the cup and saucer were probably made prior to 1951.... and this is the mark on them.


The plate's mark was newer.  It was made sometime after 1951 however they still could have been bought together if the store still has some of the older stock, or perhaps they ordered the plate later on.
 
 I really liked this set and even though Royal Chelsea is a bit new to me I shall be on the lookout for MORE!


After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

They might not all be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

22 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful teacup. Yes, cancer of all kinds touch each of us in some way!

Ruth Weston said...

A very important month, for you and everyone! I love your teacup trio. Royal Chelsea is one of my favorite potters. Just gorgeous!
Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Snap said...

What a lovely trio! You can't beat roses. Good to hear you are coming along ... cast and all! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
My computer quit on me just as I was going to leave a comment and I had to shut it down and start all over again. So, here I am again....
I am so glad you are a cancer survivor! Gals like you are wonderful spokespeople for the cause. I adore your teacup; she's a beauty! Love the gold and the pretty roses. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for tea. Hope you're having a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: The tea cup trio is stunning. It looks like the roses were brushed in gold. I love it. What a wonderful gift from hubby. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Bernideen said...

Your husband sures knows his cups and saucers/trio! Excellent choice and so beautiful.

Zaa said...

Fabulous trio Beth ... and such a beautiful gift...There's nothing more special than deep pink and gold ...What a thoughtful husband you have!!!! Have a blessed day ...hugs

kitty said...

Thank you for getting on your soapbox, Beth. You deserve to be and I applaud you. What a sweet hubby to surprise you with such a lovely pink and gold trio. He's a keeper. And yes, we've all been touched by cancer, and I pray every day for a cure. Blessings to you.

The Charm of Home said...

So glad to hear you beat cancer. No problem with your soapbox here. Lovely china! Have a great week!
Sherry

Gentle Joy said...

Such a cheerful tea cup set. Very pretty. :)

Amy at love made my home said...

What a beautiful cup and saucer and a great reminder about Breast Cancer awareness. xx

Susan Clayton said...

Showy and fun tea cup!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A lovely trio Beth with big pink roses on and perfect to honour breast cancer awareness month.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful trio, I love the gorgeous colors! Congratulations for being a bc survivor, and blessings and hugs to you! Hope your hand continues to heal well.

Cindy said...

Beautiful tea cup and your husband has such good taste, perfect choice for this month

xinex said...

The set is so beautiful, Beth. Glad you posted again cause I must have missed it the first time...Christine

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Beautiful "pink" post, and all for a great cause.

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I love, love, love that teacup trio! Absolutely spectacular. Perfect in Pink for Breast Cancer! So happy that you are a cancer survivor! Cancer deserves all of the recognition and support it can receive this month! Beautiful post! Happy Tea Day! Karen

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh my, that set is absolutely stunning.

I hope you do find more, wow it's absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for your visit today. : - )

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Yes, this set is totally stunning, the pattern is gorgeous!
Perfect for celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness month. Blessings to you sweet lady.
Hugs,
FABBY

Rosemary and Thyme said...

A beautiful tribute Beth. Breast cancer affects everyone. My mom is having surgery next month to remove a lump so it is certainly a very personal matter to me and my family.

Happy to learn that you are getting better. Thanks for visiting me. I di appreciate your visits and your kind words.

Janet

Tassell, Tea pot, and life down under said...

Hi Beth, thank you for your visit and leaving a lovely message.
Your hubby is truly sweet for giving you that tea cup. It is so pretty.

Enjoy,
Aida