Monday, October 6, 2014

Crafty Ways with teacup and tea pots

First today I will update my hand situation, I can type with both hands now.. sort of.  The fingers mostly work, but not the thumb cause it is immobilized.  So I will now be able to update these posts a bit before I post each one.

And I want to say thank you to all who sent me get well wishes.  I appreciate them all.  Obviously they are working.

 Fall weather has finally come and on Sunday I made my first pot of chili of the season.  And corn bread to go with.

As I continue on with my hand in a cast for the next few weeks...  I thought I would share some other ways to use tea cups.  If you ever had a favorite tea cup that suddenly developed a crack so you didn't want to use it any more... and you didn't feel right throwing it away.  Here are a couple of things I found at The Sussex New Brunswick flea market, back in August,  that give ideas for things to do with them.
 This first one was actually made with an unblemished tea cup, and a very pretty one at that. What a shame!!  But I couldn't resist taking the picture.  It is a little bowl turned upside down with the cup and saucer  Glued to the top.  And the whole thing was glued to a long stake that could go into the ground.  It could then serve as a little bird feeder.
I already have a similar one that someone gave me.... that is made of resin.  It is on a long metal stake and I keep in the garden just outside my office window.

The same person that made that teacup bird feeder that I have shown above also did some "hanging things."  I thought the teapot birdhouse was pretty cute though I don't think I would make one myself.  But it definitely gave me some ideas of things I could do with chipped teacups and teapots.


No tea pot or pitcher is safe....................

  
And I think this may have been an old tea tin.




AND If you still need ideas check out Pinterest.  It is full of pictures of ways to use them.


Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.


Hope you will visit them too.

18 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
I'm so glad your hand is coming along. I love those teacup feeders. I would love to have someone make me one. The other pots and cups are very fun too. Wonder if the tea tins ever become home to the birdies. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Hope you have a fabulous day, Beth.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth Weston said...

I have seen things like that at our local flea market...and thanks so much for stressing only using teacups that can't be used. I have seen folks ruining expensive teacups jsut because they inherited them and didn't know the history or value! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Amy at love made my home said...

Gosh, that is a lot of upcycling and recycling isn't it!! All kinds of uses for old things. xx

Deborah Montgomery said...

So glad to hear your hand is feeling better. A little faux floral arrangement can also be put in a cracked or chipped teacup. The little bird feeders are cute too.

Martha's Favorites said...

I love the different ways you can recycle tea cups. I will continue to pray for your hand. Hope you are feeling better soon. Blessings, Martha

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Beth
I'm glad your hand is getting better. You have inspired me to look on Pinterest for ideas to use for teacups.

kitty said...

Hi Beth,
How wonderful that your hand is doing so well. What cute ideas you've shared with us!!

Kim said...

Such a fun post, Beth. Cool ideas for using a less than perfect tea cup. That is good news that your hand is healing with each day.

Gentle Joy said...

Interesting projects.... although I wouldn't be able to use china tea cups in my yard.... we tend to get some hail a few times a year! Not good for china. :)

Snap said...

So much fun to see how to use teacups and teapots for things other than drinking tea! I've seen the teacup bird feeders before. Cute ideas. Hope your hand continues to improve. Happy Tea Day!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I love your ideas for teacups and teapots. I am so glad that your hand is better and you touched my heart to hear that you are a cancer survivor. You are an amazing lady and to keep typing with your pain is remarkable. Take care Dear Beth. Happy October! Karen

Marcia Pilar said...

Hi Beth, visiting from Tea Time Tuesday. Love the yellow tea cup, and I made my first pot of chili last Sunday too. ;)
Much love!

KathyB. said...

Those are interesting hangings. Pretty too. Like you I am not sure I'd use any teacups I've collected , but these are fun to look at, and especially to see how creative people get with old items we might throw away or store in cupboards out of sight.

Zaa said...

SO happy to hear that you're healing... You've certainly found some interesting uses for sups and saucers 9 ha Ha)..It just made me smile .... I love that people are being so creative.... Hugs

Carrie said...

Those are great idea for chipped or cracked cups! Maybe even ones with crazing. Thanks for sharing! Have a great week :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm so glad your hand is in the mend. I too would love bird feeter such as yours, it's delightful! I can hang it out my kitchen window. They would have to be inexpensive for me to do that to teacups...maybe, just made in China, hehehe...
Love it though. Thanks for your sweet and kind visit my friend.
FABBY

Lujan Fraix said...

QUE BUENA IDEA PARA UTILIZAR LAS TAZAS DE TÉ, AUNQUE YO TENGO TAN POQUITAS QUE LAS GUARDO COMO UN TESORO.
GRACIAS POR VENIR A ARGENTINA A COMPARTIR EL MARTES DEL TE.
BESOS

Bernideen said...

Glad your hands - fingers - are doing better. I will be having 2 fingers worked on soon. I am getting older! Love all the clever photos you shared here and the ideas!