Monday, October 27, 2014

Some more pretty tea things

With some degree of luck I will get my cast off next week and then start therapy to get me back to a normal life.

I wanted to make one comment about last weeks post.  Ruth from Antiques and Teacups
told me this set  is a Shelley Set called Apple Blossom Chintz.  Well that is probably the reason it didn't come home with me.  I looked at some other pictures and determined it was sold by someone that offers a LOT of Shelley for sale.  After looking at the picture closely I see that the price was $40 which is probably relatively cheap for Shelley but it would have still stopped me.


But on to other things.  Here are a few more things I found at the flea market. 

I was surprised at how many cottage sets I saw during my visit. I have one and don't want another so obviously didn't get them..
I  saw these and thought they were interesting.  I didn't see a mark so don't know what they were.

 I am sorry that the picture below is hard to see.  It was raining a lot and those ware drops of water on the showcase.  I wanted to capture the picture so much that I took it anyway and cleaned it up a bit so you could see it too.  Yes, that is a teaset.  Teapot, sugar, creamer and a little condiment set. I just wasn't ready to spend a lot at this sale I guess and so didn't get it.  But maybe someday.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

10 comments:

Ruth Weston said...

I see why you passed up the Shelley set, but I must admit it's a good price for it! I would have been tempted...but I collect Shelley! I love cottageware, and the set in the rainy case is darling! What a fun place to visit! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea and the comment in your post!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I'm not surprised to learn that was a Shelley; beautiful! The cottage ware is so charming and the set sitting in the rain spattered case is adorable. It must have been a fun outing. Thank you for sharing all these items with us and joining me for tea. Glad to hear you may lose the cast next week. Physio does wonders.

Blessings,
Sandi

Millie said...

Any pattern marked Shelley is lovely (and expensive!). Hope your hand soon gets back to normal!

Kim said...

Now I have died and gone to heaven!! The teaset.....oh my giddy aunt....it's amazing. What a lovely shape and design; I have never seen this one before, and probably never will again! Thank you for putting a smile on my dial, Beth. So happy for you that your cast is coming off soon.

kitty said...

The Shelley set is so pretty, but the price would've stopped me, too. I do LOVE the cottage tea set. It is so precious!!!

Bernideen said...

Thanks for sharing all these. They are wonderful! I love them all!

KathyB. said...

I am appreciating tea cups and all things tea so much more since joining in many of the tea time blogs. The Shelley set would have caught my eye too, and although it is worth the price, I am unable to justify it for myself. It is sure fun to see all the tea things, isn't it ? And some of the teacups and teapots are so beautiful it is hard to resist adding them to my collection, but a steep price helps me curb the collecting !

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I do love the colours in that Shelley set! I really do find it hard to resist pretty china! The cottage ware is so sweet. Hope you continue to improve! Thank you for visiting me! Happy Tea Day! Karen

Susan Clayton said...

That Shelley set is beautiful. Looks like a good sale.

Carrie said...

Hi Beth! You saw so many cool things at that flea market. I would have turned down the Shelley for $40 too--I like my three piece sets to be as cheap as possible (how else can I afford my "habit?"). Thanks for visiting me, and have a great weekend!